News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:20

Alex Curran V Sunbeds

"When Company asked me to be involved with Say no to Sunbeds, i couldn't refuse. I strongly believe there's no reason to use sunbeds.

I used to be a fan of sunbeds. I feel better with a tan. It makes me more body-confident, so I'd go on one before big events or holidays. Luckily, I'v neve been affected by skin cancer, so I didn't think about what I was doing, or the affect it might have on my skin. But the stories in Company's campaign bring it home that skin cancer is affecting young women-women like you and me. I'm amazed some of us are still putting our lives at risk. There was a recent report that claimed Liverpool had a high rate of skin cancer, perhaps because girls using sunbeds were copying the WAG look, well, hardly anyone I know goes on them now. I stopped, if I'm honest, because I dont want wrinkles, but I'm glad I did, now I know the major dangers. Why take risks when thee are so many fake tan products on the market? So join us in saying no to sunbeds. Good luck Company!" Love Alex x

Credit Alex Curran Forever Fansite
http://www.myspace.com/alexcurranforever

Alex Curran, 25

Best Body Bit: Lean arms

The mother of two recently said: “We have a pool and every other day I try to swim 25 lengths while the girls are playing.”

Get the look: Swimming benefits the upper body, torso and legs, and is one of the fastest ways to improve strength, muscle tone and cardio-vascular fitness. Join a water aerobics or swimming club for a social way to tone up.

credit :- www.mirror.co.uk

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:22

INTERROGATION: ALEX CURRAN
26/08/2007

Mum of two, WAG and Mirror columnist Alex Curran, 24, on ganging up on hubby Steven Gerrard, dressing her daughters in girlie gear, and giving birth in no time at all...

You’re currently promoting Huggies Little Walkers. What made you get involved?

Alex Curran: Well I’ve got two children – Lilly-Ella, who’s three, and Lexie, who’s 15 months – so I thought it made sense. Lexie has just started taking her first few steps so she’s in her Huggies. She’s doing well but she’s still a bit lazy. She’s crawling everywhere because she gets there quicker.

Lexie suffered from ‘separation anxiety’. What was that like?

AC: She suffered for a couple of months from when she was about nine months. Whenever I’d put her down to walk out the room she’d scream and be really clingy. It was a little phase she went through. When kids are that age they don’t understand you’re not leaving forever and that you’re coming back. It was traumatic for her but she’s grown out of it now. Lilly-Ella was a little like that, but not as bad as Lexie.

Did it make you feel guilty?

AC: It was a bit frustrating. I’d try and wait until she fell asleep and then go out. Sometimes, you just have to disappear when they’re not looking...

Do your daughters take after you?

AC: Well they’re really into handbags. Lilly wears nail varnish – even Lexie has it on her toes. They’re very girlie. Lilly torments Lexie a bit. She’s forever trying to pick her up. I have to watch her because I think she’s going to drop her.

Do they steal your handbags?

AC: And shoes. Lilly hides my handbags in her room, I can never find them. She also steals the dummies out the drawer and I find them all in my handbag. She doesn’t ruin anything, she just plays with it.

What’s the best thing about being a mum?

AC: Probably just watching them grow up. I love spending time with the family. I’ve always wanted children – especially girls. I think every woman wants a girl so you can dress them up like you. Bringing up a girl is easier than a boy I think.

Would you like to have a boy next?

AC: We’re happy with two girls and not thinking of having any more right now. Steven’s brother has got two little boys so he gets to play with them for now.

You’re only 24 – are you glad you had kids so young?

AC: Personally I think it’s better to have kids younger. Because of Steven’s football career, he stays in a lot and doesn’t have much of a social life. So we thought it would be better to have kids now. Also, he wanted them to grow up watching him play.

Were you not tempted to name your baby Apple or... Melon?

AC: I’d always had the girl’s names in my head. But I think I’d draw the line at fruit...

Were your pregnancies easy?

AC: They went very much by the book. With Lexie, the birth was really straightforward, I was only in labour for four hours. I was fine after it, it was dead strange. I was induced but it was a natural birth. I was at home for lunchtime. I amazed myself. I couldn’t believe it. I was put off a caesarean as you have to have your feet up for six weeks afterwards. After being pregnant for so long, the last thing I wanted was to be stuck in a bed for weeks. I was desperate to get back to normal.

Did you have weird cravings?

AC: I loved eating cakes – and made the most of it. Before the kids, I preferred savoury things like cheese. But after the kids, I was straight on sweet stuff and I’ve been like that since.

How did you get back into shape so quickly?

AC: It’s easier to get back into shape if you have kids when you’re young. If you’re older it’s harder to lose weight. I didn’t go to the gym or anything like that. I was just running around after the children. I’m always doing something. I’m never just stuck in the house.

Did you breast-feed?

AC: No I never. I wasn’t against it but everyone has their personal reason. It wasn’t right for me. It’s not very practical. With Steven being away a lot and up early, it would have been hard work for me to do it all on my own.

Does Steven help with nappy changes?

AC: He helps a lot. But if he’s got a game I give him a night off. He’s happy changing nappies and feeding them but he doesn’t dress the girls. I think he’s scared because they’re only little and he might break them. That’s fine because I can dress them how I want to – he’d have them in football kits.

What advice would you give to a mum to be?

AC: Be as relaxed as you can and don’t panic. When you panic things start to go wrong. Also, stay active. I was always on the move during my pregnancy. Even up to a couple of weeks before having Lexie I was out doing normal things. By the evening I’d be tired. But I’d rather be up and about than sitting in. I didn’t bother with pregnancy yoga, just a bit of swimming and that was it.

What’s your happiest childhood memory?

AC: Probably Christmas mornings and holidays. I remember going to Florida when I was about five or six. We went to Disneyworld and it was amazing. I’ve got two brothers – one’s 28 , the other is 18. They’re both really good uncles to the girls. They always play when we meet up at my mum’s. But they never babysit – I wouldn’t leave two little girls with them! They’d probably go out and leave them...

Do you spoil your kids?

AC: Every mum wants to spoil their kids, don’t they? We teach them they can’t have everything they want, but they get nice treats if they’ve been good.

What’s your relationship with your mum like?

AC: We’re like best friends. I want the same relationship with my daughters – then we can all gang up on Steven. He says he can’t believe he’s living with three girls, but I know he loves it really.

Do you do your own housework?

AC: I have a cleaner. I have to because the house is quite big. If I didn’t I’d never get out, I’d be cleaning all day.

What keeps you awake at night?

AC: I think, ‘I wonder when the baby’s going to wake up?’ Lexie is teething so she’s waking up during the night at the moment. Usually they’re OK and I fall asleep after watching a bit of telly in bed. They wake up about 6.45am so it’s not too bad.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

AC: Sweets and chocolate. I love Galaxy bars. If I ever have chocolate in my house, I can’t rest until I’ve had the whole packet.

Who’s your role model?

AC: Mum. She’s a strong woman and brought me up really well. I admire her. She always helping me with the kids. She’d do anything for me. She’s got so much patience. I couldn’t do it without her. Luckily, she only lives 10 mins away.

How do you rate your looks from 1-10?

AC: Seven. Because 10 is a bit big-headed isn’t it? I like that I’m quite tall. I’m 5ft 9. Without heels, probably 5ft 8... but I’ve always got heels on.

What’s been your biggest splurge?

AC: I bought a Fendi Spy evening bag. It had pearls on it and was lovely. It was £1,000. I did feel a bit bad spending that much, for about five seconds...

Describe one of your fashion faux pas.

AC: I was photographed in a bright yellow tracksuit. I wore it all the time but I was younger, so I have an excuse.

Alex's reality check

Have you ever worn sunglasses indoors?

No never. I’d feel a bit stupid doing that...

Name the Prime Minister’s wife.

Gordon Brown’s wife? I don’t you know... I know Cherie Blair, like, but not her.

(It’s Sarah Brown)

Can you cook?

Yes. My signature dish is spaghetti bolognese or salmon with pasta and salad.

How much is a pack of Huggies Little Walkers?

About £8?

(£8.99)

Alex has teamed up with HUGGIES Little Walkers to launch their baby friendly walks. Visit www.bounty.com for hints and tips on getting your little one walking and to find your nearest walk

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:23

EXCLUSIVE: I FEEL MUCH SEXIER SINCE I'VE BECOME A MUM
By Antonia Hoyle 31/07/2006

ALEX CURRAN REVEALS WHY SHE IS DARING TO BARE AGAIN

DURING the World Cup we got used to seeing her in all manner of glamorous outfits. As one of the WAGs, Alex Curran was determined to look her best while supporting fiance Steven Gerrard.

But, having given birth to her second daughter, Lexie, just four weeks earlier, there was something she wasn't prepared to be pictured in - a bikini.

Because, like any new mum, she was understandably shy about revealing her post-baby bulge.

Now, however, her figure is back to its fabulous best.

And to celebrate, the Daily Mirror columnist, a stunning size 10, has decided to show it off in an exclusive Mirror shoot.

Relaxing by the pool at her Liverpool home, she says: "This is the first time I've posed in a bikini and I'm a bit nervous.

"But I feel good about my body - better than I ever have done, in fact. Of course, I'm a bit selfconscious - what woman isn't in a bikini?

"Even though I don't want to lose any more weight, I need to tone up and my tummy is still a bit wobbly.

"But I'm thinner than I was before I became a mum and if I had to mark myself out of 10, I'd give myself a strong eight!" she laughs.

It has been just over two months since she gave birth to Lexie, having had their elder daughter, Lilly-Ella, two years previously.

By her own admission, Alex found shedding the surplus two stone she put on fairly easy. In fact, just five hours after she gave birth, she was pictured leaving hospital looking surprisingly slimline.

But Alex is adamant that new mums mustn't feel under pressure to lose weight. "I ate sensibly throughout my pregnancy, and the weight came off quickly," she admits.

"But I don't think other women should worry if it doesn't. Don't put yourself under too much pressure. If you eat healthily and fit exercise into your daily routine, you'll lose weight naturally."

And she has a top tip to tone up. "I've been doing pelvic floor exercises," she confides. "You have to hold the flow when you go to the loo. It tightens up your tummy muscles, a bit like Pilates. It's supposed to be good for your love life, too!"

When Alex, 23, does have doubts about her post-baby body, Steven, 25, is on hand to reassure her.

"Sometimes, I do worry about the way I look but Steven always says I look fantastic," she explains.

"He wasn't worried about me losing weight so quickly, because he knew that's what happened when I'd had Lilly. I think he'd love me whatever size I was.

"What's his favourite part of my body? What's any man's favourite part of the body? My boobs, of course!" Two-and-a-half years ago, Alex had a boob job to take her from a B cup to a curvy D. But she definitely won't be having another one.

"When I was pregnant my boobs went up to an E cup - they were massive. I didn't think they looked that good - they were too big. Thankfully, they're back to normal now."

Alex isn't breastfeeding, however. "I didn't like doing it because the baby didn't latch on properly!" she laughs.

It's now all hands on deck in the happy new household. "We eat dinner together and Steven and I take it in turns to see the girls in the night time," she says. "Although when he's working it's normally me who gets up.

"He's a great dad, though. Having Lexie has brought us closer together - it's so amazing watching her grow and knowing we created this new life together.

"We would like a another baby but not in the near future. And we'd be happy to have a girl or a boy."

The couple, who met in a nightclub three-and-a-half years ago and became engaged a year after that, make sure they spend plenty of time as a couple, too.

"We go out for meals together all the time," she says. "The last romantic thing Steven did was take me to St Tropez for a holiday last week. He was a bit down and obviously as disappointed as anyone that England were knocked out of the World Cup.

"I tried to cheer him up by taking him out to dinner and giving him a nice glass of wine.

"Now the World Cup furore has died down I'm looking forward to spending some more quality time with him.

"Mind you, we don't get much time on our own for romance these days with two small children around. And when we do, we are both so tired!"

Midfielder Steven, captain of Liverpool, is rumoured to be in line for the England captaincy now David Beckham has stepped down. And no one is more supportive than Alex. "I don't know if it would happen but I'd be made up for him if it did," she smiles.

Of course, all the wives and girlfriends were under scrutiny while supporting their men in Germany last month.

With their wild nights on the town, skimpy outfits and sunbathing the WAGs caused more of a stir than their partners' soccer skills.

So much so, in fact, that the FA has threatened to ban the girls from the next World Cup - claiming they put the boys off their game.

"I don't know if it's true or not but if the manager thinks it's best for the team then we have to accept that," she says. "But it would be a shame because I like spending time with Steven..."

All the figures of the players' wives and girlfriends came under scrutiny during the World Cup, so how did Alex feel about her body so soon after giving birth?

"They all have great figures in their own ways and I didn't feel envious next to them. I like my curves. Coleen McLoughlin's a good mate and I made a couple of new friends out there. Lisa Roughead (Michael Carrick's girlfriend) was lovely and so was Michaela Henderson-Thyne (Stuart Downing's girlfriend)."

She also springs to the defence of Victoria Beckham, who has been criticised publicly for being too thin. "I think we should leave her alone," she says. "She's always busy and that's what keeps her thin."

As an active mum, Alex still makes time to meet with friends for evenings out. "I've calmed down a bit but I still like to go out - it's important to have a social life.

"I probably go out twice a month and when I do, I'll probably drink three or four Bellini thingytails.

"Thinking about my daughters does stop me relaxing a bit but I know they're being looked after by my mum or Steven's, so I don't feel bad."

Alex has also been pictured smoking recently but insists she's not addicted. "It was just to calm my nerves during the World Cup! I'll have a couple if I'm having a drink and cut it out completely during my pregnancy."

Now she's back in Liverpool, Alex is planning her wedding next summer.

"It'll be a big do with lots of family and friends, and I've already booked the venue," she says excitedly.

A Liverpudlian born and bred, she claims she wouldn't want to move to London.

"The traffic is a nightmare. I couldn't cope with it. Our family and friends are here - I've still got lots who aren't famous."

Alex admits that no matter what the demands of motherhood are, there's one habit she can't give up.

"Having another daughter hasn't stopped me shopping," she says. "In fact, now I've got someone else to buy for I'm doing it even more!"

Angelfire<3
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:56

:O She Was Pictured Leaving the Hospital?
I Dont Think i Saw Them Lol
Thankyou Amii, Haha i Wouldnt Feel Sexy After Kids!
That Girl Is All Go :D ! Lol
xxxxxxx

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 15:25

Thanks For Them :D x

littlehunni
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 21:47

thanks for them

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/2/2009, 21:32

Don't have a boob job as young as I did, says WAG Alex Curran (who had hers at just 18)

Busting out: Alex Curran shows off her surgically-enhanced cleavage in a low-cut dress

Liverpool's leading WAG Alex Curran is urging teenagers seeking bigger breasts to wait until they are older before going under the knife.

Steven Gerrard's wife famously had a boob job at the tender age of 18, and admits in hindsight, she was too young.

Writing in her New! magazine column, Alex said opting for surgery was too big a decision to make at such an age an
like all mothers, found her body changed dramatically after having children.

Alex underwent the surgery in 2001 - a year before she started dating Steven.

The mother-of-two, 26, said: 'I regretted the boob job I had when I was 18.

'I had them enlarged from a B to a D cup.

'I've got used to them now, but if you're thinking about it, I would advise you to wait until you've had children before you consider a boob job because your body changes so much after that.

'Also, I find with larger breasts it can be harder to find clothes to fit you - so think long and hard before you do it.'

While being open about her thoughts on her first breast enhancement, Alex declined to address more recent rumours she had gone under the knife again.

Ahead of her glitzy 2007 marriage to England star Gerrard, reports claimed the midfielder bought her a second boob job as an early wedding present.
Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran Florida

Bikini babe: Alex shows off her figure in a red bikini on holiday in Florida last year

Alex's grandmother was said to have been left stunned during the reception when Steven's best man Jonathan ‘Boggo’ Boggan praised the WAG's cleavage.

During his speech, Jonathan joked Steven's biggest success was 'when you got Alex’s jugs done'.

Former nail technician Alex first went public about her surgery in 2005 after tiring of speculation about her assets.

She said: 'I did it to make me feel better, not for anyone else. Although I'm sure Steven doesn't mind them.'

After meeting Steven in 2002, the couple announced their engagement in 2004 following the birth of their first child Lilly-Ella, now four.

They also have a two-year-old daughter Lexie.

Eyeful: Alex gives photographers a glimpse of her cleavage at the 2006 World Cup in Baden Baden, Germany

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2009, 09:19

Thanks For That. x

rabz04
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2009, 16:25

thanx 4dat i thought alex had her boob job when she started goin out wid steven but in news articles it says she had em done a year b4. x

littlehunni
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2009, 22:01

thanks for that

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/2/2009, 06:32

'Even us WAGs are having to cut back': Credit crunch catches up with Alex Curran

It appears as though no one is immune from the credit crunch - not even WAGs.

As the recession continues to affect global economy, Alex Curran has become conscious of spending too much money.

The footballer's wife claims that despite having her hair done twice a week, she is frugal at heart - and even does her own nails.

Curran, 26, is also cutting back on her partying in a bid to keep fit for 2009.

Recessionista: Alex Curran claims she has has cut back on her spending and, despite buying designer clothes, says she also shops on the High Street

Alex, who is frequently pictured laden down with bags from Liverpool’s designer boutique

Cricket told Closer magazine: 'I think people – especially WAGs – are becoming more conscious of spending money now.'

'I’ve never bought labels for the sake of it. I buy as many clothes in Topshop and All Saints as I do designer. And I won’t buy an item if I don’t think it’s worth the money.'

But despite her glossy image, Alex insists she’s not high maintenance: 'I get my hair done twice a week, but I’m not that bothered about pampering,

'I do my nails myself – the nail varnish I’m wearing was only £2 from a bargain bin!'

She has also cut down on her partying in a bid to keep fit for 2009

Alex, who is married to Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard, has no qualms about being referred to as a WAG, but claims she was disappointed at Cheryl Cole’s recent outburst in a magazine interview, where she declared that all WAGS were 'like wooden blocks.'

She said: 'I don’t take much notice when people slag off WAGs, but it’s unfair to lump us all together like that.

'I’m sure there are some girls out there who do just want to be with a footballer so they can spend all his money, but most of the wives and girlfriends I know aren’t like that.'

The WAG has been toning up as part of her new year's resolution to get fit

The full interview with Alex Curran from Closer magazine goes on sale tomorrow

Alex has stuck to her new year’s resolution to get fit and tone up and has already lost half a stone in just three weeks.

She explained: 'I just wanted to tone up – especially my stomach. I’m happy at the size I am, and being too thin doesn’t suit me. I’m not a fan of the skinny look – I think Angelina Jolie has an amazing face, but she’s gone too thin now.'

'I used to be such a party girl. But now I know that if I have a big night out, I’ll sleep late the next day and will probably eat junk food,' she says.

'I’ve turned down a few nights out already. And now that I’m working out, I’m also too busy to shop.'

Having a super-fit Premiership footballer has certainly helped motivate Alex, but Steven is as shocked as his wife with her sudden transformation.

She revealed: 'Steven has always encouraged me, saying "You should get into exercise, you’ll like it."
'But I don’t think he ever believed I would – and that I ‘d actually enjoy it!'

Alex and Gerrard have two daughters, Lily-Ella and two-year-old Lexie.

Last week, she advised young women to think carefully before opting for breast enlargement. She had the surgery at the age of 18.

Edited by Ami_86 - 10/2/2009, 07:52

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/2/2009, 07:48

Recession Britain: Wag Alex Curran feels the pinch

Britain's struggling retail sector has suffered another blow with the news that top WAG Alex Curran is reining in her spending due to the credit crunch.

WAG Alex Curran hit by the credit crunch

Alex Curran, WAG wife of footballer Steven Gerrard, has cut back on treats as the recession bites

The wife of Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard, rarely pictured without several designer shopping bags from her beloved Cricket boutique, said she had become more frugal.

"I think people - especially Wags - are becoming more conscious of spending now," she said.

The 26-year-old blonde now visits the hairdresser only twice a week, and has resorted to filing her own nails. "I'm not that bothered about pampering. I do my nails myself. The nail varnish I'm wearing was only £2 from a bargain bin!" she said, insisting that she was not high maintenance.

She also prefers nights in at the couple's multi-million pound Merseyside home to expensive nights out. "I used to be such a party girl but now I know that if I have a big night out I'll sleep late the next day and will probably eat junk food. I've turned down a few nights out already."

Curran confided to readers of Closer magazine that she is also "too busy to shop" because she spends so much time working out.

In December 2007, Curran was confronted by masked raiders who trashed the couple's home - hours after it was revealed that she had bought Gerrard a £10,000 Cartier watch for Christmas.

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/2/2009, 09:34

Thanks For Both Of Them.

So Gotta Buy That Mag :) x

8lampard
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/2/2009, 09:54

It’s stop shop for WAG Alex

STEVEN GERRARD’s wife ALEX yesterday said the credit crunch has stopped WAGs’ spending sprees.

Alex, 26 — whose Liverpool footballer hubby earns £120,000 a week — claims she has cut down to just two trips to the hairdressers a week.

And she admitted doing her nails herself with £2 varnish.

The model became famous for her mammoth shopping trips at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

But Alex said: “I’m not that bothered about pampering.

“I think people — especially WAGs — are becoming more conscious of spending money now.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2221741.ece

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/2/2009, 09:54

thank you for tht

481 replies since 11/1/2009, 03:25   9281 views