News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
MrsGerrard<33
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/2/2009, 14:48

Someone else has been charged aswell, John McGrattan, no idea if their related to each other

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/2/2009, 18:51

i think john macgratton maybe paul's macgrattons brother

Edited by Ami_86 - 23/2/2009, 20:21

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/3/2009, 10:35

probably x

xx..WeggyLou..xx
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/3/2009, 12:02

my dad hit a police officer and he never got jailed and my dad has a past dont he, paul could get a warning or up to a yeah injail

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/3/2009, 12:38

yeah or he might get community service they usually give a fine and then community service!!

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/3/2009, 20:28

GERRARD HOPING FOR TORRES REUNION

Steven Gerrard is hoping his formidable front line partnership with Fernando Torres can be reunited in time to fire the Reds to glory at the end of the season.

Gerrard has now resumed action after recovering from a hamstring tear while Torres is hoping to be back in the starting line-up for next Tuesday's Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

The Liverpool skipper admits the constant injury problems which have affected himself and Torres over the course of the season have been a major source of frustration - but with so much still to play for this term he is hoping the pair can soon begin terrorising opposition defences once again.

"It's been frustrating because I certainly love playing with him and from reading some of the things he's said, he loves playing with me," said the skipper.

"Ideally we want to end the season playing together and performing for the team.

"I spoke to him a couple of days ago and he seems very optimistic so fingers crossed he can pull through for Tuesday because you know how much I like playing against Everton, and I'm sure it's the same for him playing against Madrid."

Despite a seven point gap to Manchester United at the top of the table, Gerrard is refusing to write off the Reds' title chances and was pleased the players bounced back to winning ways in midweek against Sunderland.

"It was a comfortable win and it lifted everybody," he added. "We've struggled at home this season but in midweek we were patient and got our rewards. It was important to bounce back with a win and a good performance.

"The following night it was frustrating watching Newcastle play United because there were times when I thought United could drop points. Newcastle went in front and then I was off the couch when they almost scored a second.

"United seem to ne playing well and getting the results but if teams believe they can take points off them then I am sure it will happen sooner or later. It's important for us not to let the gap get any bigger and if they make mistakes we have to be ready to pounce. Of course, we all know how big our game at Old Trafford is going to be.

"Our season is still very much alive. We're not giving up in the title race and we're 1-0 up in the Champions League and one win away from a place in the last eight.

"It's important people stay positive and upbeat and not be down or worried about things."

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 7/3/2009, 14:42

Clive Owen on Steven Gerrard

“It was the same when I met [Liverpool and England midfielder] Steven Gerrard. I had an opportunity to have a conversation with him and I was tongue-tied. I’ve met the biggest actors and actresses in the world and I’m easy and comfortable but give me Gerrard and I’m in trouble.“

Clive Owen in the April 2009 issue of GQ magazine.

from kickette

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 7/3/2009, 21:09

^^^
Thats Me All Over LOL x

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/3/2009, 12:24

LOL kira i think yo wud faint LOL

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/3/2009, 19:10

I Would Faint! LOL x

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/3/2009, 10:07

kira no point in fainting in front oh him he juss steps back n like he did at the champions league draw three yrs ago !

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/3/2009, 10:10

STEVEN GERRARD ON LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Ahead of tonight's Champions League second leg clash with Real Madrid, we caught up with captain Steven Gerrard to gauge his pre-match thoughts.

First of all Stevie, how much are the players looking forward to tonight's game?

If you're not looking forward to playing Real Madrid at Anfield in front of 45,000 people who are going to be on the edge of their seats roaring the side on, then you shouldn't be involved.

I can't wait for it, personally. All the lads are talking about it and there was certainly a great feeling and a great buzz going to Madrid. Before the game in the dressing room you could see the lads were really up for it and I'm sure it'll be the same come Tuesday night. It's a massive game for us. We have a big chance to go all the way again and we've got to take it.

How do you reflect on the performance at the Bernabeu two weeks ago?

The result was fantastic. I didn't play for most of the game but you have to give the lads great credit for the result. I don't think the performance was unbelievable but defensively we were solid, the back five were very good and we won the game from a fantastic set piece delivery and a great header. The manager is always on to this team that you can win a game with small details and that's what happened on the night. There wasn't much between the two teams but we won it with a set piece.

You've been in some happy Liverpool dressing rooms over the years - although it's still only half time in the tie, what was the mood like among the players after the first match?

It was fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't have time to enjoy it because I had to have a drugs test which was an absolute nightmare, because I could hear the lads enjoying it in the room next door.

It's so important not to get carried away. It's only half time and we need to keep our feet on the ground. Madrid have got great players who are capable of going anywhere in the world and pulling a result out of the bag. We have to be ready to perform to the same level, if not better, at Anfield.

How much will this team's experience of tight two-legged affairs help you tonight?

When it comes to Europe we've got to be confident. Over the years we have proved we can go anywhere, match any team and beat them. Over two legs we are a very strong team. Defensively and tactically we are spot on and we've got match winners in the side, so there's no reason why we shouldn't be confident on Tuesday night.

You can probably tell by the way I'm speaking that we respect Madrid, we know it's not over and we'll not be taking them lightly.

You have an away goal to protect at Anfield - but presumably you won't be looking just to sit and defend it?

Not at all. I think the next goal in the tie is massive. If Madrid get it then it's game on, and that's exactly what we don't want to happen. We want to make sure we get it and try to kill the tie off.

Madrid hardly created a chance in the first leg - does that say everything about Liverpool's performance on the night?

When we go away in Europe the key point is to be sound defensively and tactically well organised, and that's what we were in the Bernabeu. Defensively we were solid and limited them to long efforts on goal. The idea will be the same on Tuesday, to be strong at the back and try to score another goal.

They have been on an incredible run in La Liga, so how big an achievement would it be to knock them out of this competition?

They are Real Madrid. They are the most successful club there is out there, so to beat them at Anfield and for us to be able to say we have beaten them twice and knocked them out of the Cup would be a big achievement.

You've knocked the likes of Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal and many more out of this competition over recent years. It would be nice to add Real Madrid to that list...

Definitely. We've knocked all of the best sides out over the last few years and we have to make sure we do the same to Real Madrid. I'm sure they're more worried about the tie than us because they know how good we are in Europe.

Surprisingly, Madrid have never played a competitive game at Anfield - are their players in for a shock when they sample the Anfield European atmosphere for the first time?

I don't think they're in for a shock. They've got big players who have played in big atmospheres. I think they will certainly come and enjoy the atmosphere. A lot of players I have spoken to over the years after European nights have said they enjoyed the atmosphere and were slightly shocked and surprised. I'm sure they'll enjoy it, but let's hope they're going back on the plane to Spain upset because we have knocked them out.

The league may have been the priority this season - but I'm sure there's also a burning desire to go all the way to the Champions League final in Rome...

Yes, of course. Going into any competition as a Liverpool player you have to give it your all. Obviously, the league has always been the priority at Liverpool because we haven't won it for a long time and because it's the one people want more than anything, which is understandable.

That doesn't mean the European Cup plays second fiddle. It's a massive trophy to win and it makes the club financially better off if you can win it. It's a very important competition for us.

This is a massive week for Liverpool, with the Madrid match followed by a trip to Old Trafford.

Yes, that's another game to look forward to, but I don't think we should talk about the United game until we have made sure of our place in the last eight. First things first, we've got a massive game against Madrid so let's get the result we want and then put that to bed for a while before focusing back on the league.

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/3/2009, 10:29

thanks for that ami!!!

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/3/2009, 13:31

Liverpool FC ace Steven Gerrard's Euro shirt nets £3,800

STEVEN Gerrard scored £3,800 for charity by auctioning the shirt he wore for Tuesday’s legendary win over Real Madrid.

A “massive fan” from Knowsley, who wants to remain anonymous, made the winning bid as part of City Talk’s appeal for a Ronald McDonald House at Arrowe Park Hospital.

The £850,000 house will provide accommodation for families of sick children who want to stay at the hospital. A room in the house will be named after the late broadcaster Phil Easton.

Gerrard’s generosity adds to that of team mate Sami Hyypia who last week donated £23,000 to the hospital where his youngest son was born.

The Reds defender said: “As a parent myself I realise how difficult it must be if a child is being treated in hospital for a serious illness.”

417 replies since 16/1/2009, 10:54   3096 views