News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/12/2009, 13:36

This is so sad.Thankfully the girl was alright.

kriszando
CAT_IMG Posted on 25/1/2010, 15:21

Gerrard injury latest

Rafa Benitez today revealed captain Steven Gerrard will be available for Tuesday night's trip to Wolves.

The skipper returned to full training this weekend after two weeks out with a hamstring problem.

Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "He was training on Saturday and then a full training session on Sunday, and today was the same.

"Normally he's someone who, if available, can play. We'll decide later but I think he can be available. We'll decide tomorrow."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/1/2010, 17:57

Steven Gerrard waxwork to appear in Madame Tussauds

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

LIVERPOOL FC captain Steven Gerrard has been transferred to an exclusive London club - for just £150,000!

But before Reds fans worry too much, it is only his waxwork which will be moving to the capital at Madame Tussauds museum.

Gerrard will appear in the interactive Sports Zone in his Liverpool kit and boots which he donated.

He said: "It is an absolute thrill to have my own wax figure at Madame Tussauds."

The wax model has been worked on since October last year when sculptors met Gerrard at Liverpool's Melwood training ground.

During the sitting, the team took over 300 precise measurements and a catalogue of reference photographs to work with. The figure is nearly ready at a cost of £150,000.

"We’re delighted to be welcoming Steven Gerrard to the attraction in this World Cup year", commented Liz Edwards, PR Manager.

"He will join his England team-mates David Beckham and Wayne Rooney in our Sports Zone and guests will be able to test their own footballing skills with a "shoot out" challenge over half term".

As well as his fellow footballers, Gerrard will join an all star sporting cast of greats from past and present in Madame Tussauds’ Sports Zone - from Lewis Hamilton to Sachin Tendulkar, Mohammed Ali to Jesse Owens.

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/1/2010, 18:58

aha! wicked :D x

Snöflinga
CAT_IMG Posted on 27/1/2010, 11:36

thats so amazing. he really deserves this

kriszando
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/3/2010, 18:40

England skipper Gerrard speaks

Steven Gerrard today spoke to the media about captaining England during a difficult period for the squad.

Liverpool's skipper gave a press conference as the Three Lions prepare for Wednesday's friendly international against Egypt at Wembley.

Here's some of what he had to say:

You've been given the captaincy after everything that's happened to John Terry and with Rio Ferdinand being injured. Do you feel an extra sense of responsibility taking the captaincy in these circumstances?

Of course. I think being England captain is always a big responsibility but I'm really delighted I'm going to be leading the boys out on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to the game.

Fabio Capello says he's trying to maintain the unity that he's built up during the qualifying campaign. Is that something you've got a sense of?

Yes, of course - but nothing's changed. The team spirit and the togetherness have been fantastic over the last couple of days. The manager did reiterate our responsibilities both on and off the pitch yesterday - but he's done that since day one.

And this is a unified squad as far as you're concerned?

Yes. Training went very well this morning and the lads are in great spirits. We're looking forward to the game on Wednesday and hopefully we can perform well. Everyone's getting excited because the World Cup is getting close now.

Does the World Cup start here?

Yes, I think all the boys are really focused on the World Cup already. Players are fighting for places and squad positions. The standard of training this morning was superb. Everyone was fired up and there was a very high intensity.

The whole nation is looking at the team now - but do you like that?

Playing for England, there's always going to be big expectations and the spotlight is always going to be on you. I think Wednesday night gives us the perfect opportunity to show everyone we are together and we are a good side. Our form has been very good of late and the boys are excited for Wednesday.

Often when things don't go well, England start to show their best...

Let's hope so. The boys want nothing more than to win Wednesday's game comfortably, play well and send the punters away really happy. I understand there are going to be 75,000 supporters there for a friendly, which is incredible.

There is a suggestion that some of the support will be less than favourable to John Terry on Wednesday - what would you say to that?

I hope that's not the case. The England supporters have been fantastic to this team and have really got behind us during qualifying. I hope that's the same and they come to the game to support the team. I think enough's been said about what's gone on off the pitch in the players' private lives, and it's time to move on and get behind the team. I'm told the World Cup is only 100 days away, so it's important we're all as one moving forward.

The form of Wayne Rooney has been fantastic. Do you hope he can be wrapped in cotton wool before the World Cup?

Yes, there's a lot of people keeping their fingers crossed Wayne can avoid injury. The form he's in is special at the moment and it's good to watch. We want him to continue that all the way through the summer, and it's a pleasure to play alongside him.

What do you know about the Egypt team?

The Egyptian team at the moment are at a very good level - possibly the most successful Egypt team ever. I think they've won the Africa Cup of Nations three times so it'll be a very tricky game for England on Wednesday.

England always get knocked out in the quarter-finals or semi-finals - how do you think you'll do this time?

I hope this time it's different. We feel as if we've improved and this squad has been together for a long time. We hope we're in our peak years and hopefully we can go a few steps further than the quarter-finals. Everyone's united.

Do you have to change your style against an African team?

No, I don't think so. We'll respect the opposition and Fabio will have us well drilled. He'll tell us about the dangers the Egypt team pose and every player will be prepared. As I said, it's going to be very difficult because their team is full of confidence and there's no pressure because everyone expects England to win.

(c) lfc.tv

kriszando
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/3/2010, 18:54

Steven Gerrard in controversial V-sign at referee Andre Marriner after careless Dirk Kuyt costs Liverpool win at Wigan Athletic

Steven Gerrard could face an FA investigation after appearing to aim this abusive gesture at referee Andre Marriner as Liverpool's Champions League hopes suffered another setback with a 1-0 defeat at Wigan.

The Liverpool skipper was booked for a scything challenge in the 82nd minute and seemed to give Marriner a V-sign and mouth an obscenity as his mounting frustration at a listless performance boiled over.

While it appeared to escape Marriner's attention, Gerrard could be in trouble if the FA look into it and decide it warrants disciplinary action. It was yet another brush with authority for an England captain.

Gerrard took the armband against Egypt last week in the wake of the scandal that cost John Terry the job of national skipper.

Benitez claimed he had not seen the incident but was dismayed at the way Liverpool failed to test Chris Kirkland even once, as Hugo Rodallega's 35th-minute goal gave Wigan their first League win over Liverpool, who would have gone into fourth place with a victory.

'I don't know if Steven did anything or not, because it was too far away to see,' said the Liverpool manager, when asked about a flashpoint that occurred on the far side of the pitch.

After putting the claims to Gerrard, Liverpool dismissed suggestions he had abused the referee and insisted he had done nothing untoward.

On the game, Benitez added: 'We didn't play well, especially in the first half. We didn't show attitude. It was clear that we gave the ball away too often and too easily, especially in the first half.

'We're not happy. We have to show more character if we want to be in the top four.

'You are always disappointed after a defeat, but when it is a crucial moment and you know you can do so much better, it is especially hard to take. We did nothing in the first half, and it is really hard to explain.

'We were not winning the first or second balls, and it is hard to come up with a reason for that. I let the players know I was not happy, and at least there was a response in the second half.'

Wigan jumped two places to 14th and manager Roberto Martinez said: 'The players showed great composure, great understanding. This is one of the days to be very proud of Wigan.'

Source

~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/5/2010, 11:55

Gerrard handyman around restaurant

England footballer Steven Gerrard has found a new job - as a handyman.

The Liverpool captain recently put in a day's work helping to build a wall at his new restaurant.

The 29-year-old has bought into his friend Paul Adams's Warehouse Kitchen and Bar and got his hands dirty during a three-week refurbishment on the Southport venue.

Speaking ahead of Tuesday night's relaunch Mr Adams, 47, said: "On the final day of the work we had 40 workmen in here."

"Forty-one actually," interrupted Gerrard.

Mr Adams said: "Steve comes in and says 'How's everything going? Can I help with anything? Here you are, I'll help with that,' and he was right in there."

"I got a blister. I had to play my part though," added the Anfield star.

The Warehouse Kitchen and Bar, on West Street, is Gerrard's first venture into the trade.

And he is sure the pair can increase the reputation hotelier Mr Adams has built over 14 years. "He's got someone to blame now if it doesn't," joked Gerrard.

Despite stories about the father-of-two being a talented chef - and challenging team mates to 'cook offs', Gerrard insisted his hands-on involvement would not extend to the kitchen

kriszando
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/6/2010, 18:43

Gerrard: We must improve

Steven Gerrard reflected on England’s goalless draw with Algeria on Friday night and admitted the performance was not acceptable.

The England captain was frustrated by his side's display and he will now lead his country into a must-win match with Slovenia in their final group game on Wednesday afternoon.

"We're not happy with the performance, we need more - we want to stay in this tournament until the later stages (but) we need to improve," said Gerrard.

"We weren't good enough in the final third to get the breakthrough.

"We weren't aggressive enough, we never won the ball back early enough and we never had the courage in the final third.

"We've got no excuses. We know the job we've got to do - we've got to go and win the last game and that adds more pressure.

"But to play at this level you've got to handle it, you've got to play under pressure. We never hit our level today - not good enough.

"Of course, you have to give Algeria credit. This is their World Cup final and they've managed to get a draw off us.

"But we've got to look at ourselves."

CAT_IMG Posted on 23/6/2010, 18:19

~ dagger's fans <3. ~

Group:

spies!

Stevie: That's more like it

Steven Gerrard believes England's performance during the 1-0 win over Slovenia was the perfect way to bounce back to form and reach the last 16 of the World Cup.

The Three Lions' captain revealed there was a lot of wounded pride after Friday's disappointing draw with Algeria, but despite one or two nervy moments towards the end of the match, Fabio Capello's side held on for a deserved victory.

"When you need to win a game and you don't finish teams off and get that second or third goal then you are going to be really anxious at the end, but I thought the lads were terrific today," said Gerrard.

"We did everything that could be asked for. We showed passion, fight, team spirit, togetherness and quality as well. We thoroughly deserved to go through.

"We've done this before as when our backs are against the wall and there are people doubting us we roll our sleeves up and produce the goods, but we need to do that all of the time to get to the final stages of the tournament.

"The mood in the dressing room is 100 per cent better and everyone is smiling. There's a relief as well because the lads have been under a big amount of pressure.

"We need to find consistency now, especially in the knockout stages because if we perform like we did against Algeria then I don't think we will get another chance."

Liverpool's No.8 was in terrific form for his country but he preferred to turn the praise towards his teammates.

"I felt very comfortable and I am very happy with my form throughout the tournament so far but I don't think it's fair though to point out any individuals from today as all the players and all the substitutes that came on were terrific," he added.

"If we play like we did today, stick together, keep trying to improve and keep listening to the manager - because his ideas and what he wants from the team are spot on - and deliver what he's asking then we will be difficult to beat.

"We have the quality in the team to win football matches."

Tonight's matches will determine who England meet in the last 16 on Sunday afternoon with Ghana, Germany and Serbia potential opponents.

However, the England skipper has no preference as he has set his sights on targeting the quarter-finals.

"I don't care who we play in the last 16," he said.

"All games are difficult as we've seen from the first game, but It's all about us now and we know on our day if we play close to our potential we are a match for anyone."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

web.  Top
~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/9/2010, 12:39

Jaguar & Me. What Jag means to Steven Gerrard

The England midfielder might not like it, but he has something in common with John Prescott: two Jags.

‘We have an XKR convertible, but I like my new XFR even more. It has everything I like in a car: it’s quick, looks classy, and does the comfort side as well. And it’s a great family car: I’ve got two young daughters, so it’s perfect for me.’

Gerrard adds: ‘You can’t help notice how the Jaguar brand has changed, the cars have been transformed. They’re classic British cars, really sporty. The new designs have blown everyone away.

'That’s why Jaguar wants a relationship with sports stars, they want to transform the image of their cars and emphasise how sporty they are

ELLA24
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/9/2011, 09:49

Exclusive Steven Gerrard interview: I’m feeling better then ever, says Liverpool FC skipper
EXCLUSIVE by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo Sep 3 2011

STEVEN GERRARD has heard the rumours doing the rounds. The surgery on his groin was a failure, Liverpool’s skipper will never play 90 minutes again and his best days have been consigned to the history books.

Thankfully, the truth is very different. The Reds’ inspirational leader has a spring in his step as he plots his comeback after six months on the sidelines.

Next week he will return to full training and he hopes to play some part in the game against Tottenham on September 18.

Gerrard feels “better than ever” and is ready to silence the doubters.

“To be honest it gets to the stage with me that if there are no rumours about my private life or my football it’s not normal,” said Gerrard in an exclusive interview with the ECHO. “I’m used to it all. I’ve heard the whispers – Gerrard is finished and he’s not going to be the player he was.

“I can’t worry or concentrate too much on what fans or people in the press are whispering to themselves. I can’t control all that. If people believe that’s the case then they will be in for a surprise. Hearing stuff like that doesn’t give me any extra motivation. The motivation for me is to captain this team to a successful season. I’m looking to come in, strengthen the squad and push on with the lads to hopefully have a good year.

“I’ve had a good rest. Of course I didn’t want that rest but I’m sure it will help me because I’ve played non-stop football since I was a young lad.”

One theory is that Gerrard will need to reinvent himself as a midfielder. That he will no longer be able to embark on the marauding runs which have graced Anfield for the past 13 years.

Gerrard, who has scored 140 goals in 556 appearances for the Reds, is having none of it.

“That’s the way I see it when I’m 35 or 36 but I’m only 31,” he says firmly.

“There will be no reinvention. I’ll come back the same player as I was. I still feel I’ve four or five years at the highest level.”

His confidence isn’t based on blind optimism but scientific facts.

“It’s not just what doctors and physios are telling me – the stats are there to prove it,” he said.

“My groin is tested when I’m working and the physios collect data. My groin scores now are better than before I even started feeling my groin.

“My groin has been fixed and is as strong as ever. What I’ve done over the past four weeks tells me that’s the case and I’ve got total confidence in it.

“I’m in good shape and feel better than ever. My body weight, fat levels and upper body strength are all good.

“But it will take time for people to see me out playing again and playing well for them to believe what I’m saying in this interview.”

Gerrard will be joining a rejuvenated squad in buoyant mood after an impressive start to the season.

Around £56million was spent bringing in seven new players during the transfer window and the skipper was hugely impressed by the show of ambition from owners Fenway Sports Group.

“The positivity around the place has come from the very top,” he said. “The owners have been superb and have backed Kenny really well. Damien Comolli and Kenny have been really smooth operators in the transfer window.

“They have shifted a lot of players who were no longer involved and were sitting on good contracts. They’ve done unbelievably well to move them on to other clubs.

“And they have brought in some quality players who are hungry and want to do well for the club.

“I’m really happy with the shape and the numbers we have in the squad and I’m excited about this season. You want to play with good players and I just can’t wait to get back and lead the lads out.

“After the first three league games things are looking good. We’ve started well and progressed to the next round of the Carling Cup. There’s a positive feeling around the training ground and around the games and now we need to try to maintain that. The only way to really do that is to keep winning. The team spirit and performances at the moment are where we want to keep them.”

After a barren few years Gerrard believes Liverpool are now well equipped to get back in the Champions League and end a silverware drought stretching back to his heroic display in the 2006 FA Cup final.

“As far as the league is concerned, a top four finish is vital,” he added.

“It’s important we bring Champions League football back to the club. We need to take each game as it comes and see where we are around Christmas time – that’s when you have a good look at it.

“Fingers crossed we are still in the title race when it comes down to the last 10 games – that’s the plan.

“Going out to Northampton in the Carling Cup was unacceptable last season and we want to go all the way in that competition this season. It would be nice to get a trophy in the locker early doors.

“The FA Cup is a massive trophy for us to aim for. We’ve had some great experiences in that and I’d love to play in another final. It’s time we had a trip to the new Wembley.”

Gerrard’s first target is pulling on a Red shirt for the first time in six months and after the longest break in his career he admits it will be a special moment.

“I’m just so excited about getting back out there,” he said.

“I want that feeling of getting that first win and being sat in the dressing room afterwards. At that point all the hard work I’ve put in and all the little setbacks I’ve had will be worthwhile because I love playing for this club.”

kriszando
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/9/2011, 18:50

aww i really hope he will be able to play against Tottenham because i guess it wont be an easy match so the captain could give a huge power to the team. miss you Gerrard, wanna see him again in the pitch !!!

417 replies since 16/1/2009, 10:54   3096 views