News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:19

Mark Hughes To Launch Bid For Alonso
12th May 2009

Manchester City are ready to splash £18million on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso.
City boss Mark Hughes can get his man for the right price as Kop manager Rafa Benitez edges closer to the £8m signing of Aston Villa's Gareth Barry.

Benitez is not actively trying to sell Alonso but a mega-City bid for the Spanish playmaker will be accepted. Liverpool hope City's interest will flush out other bids but Alonso would need persuading to move.

If he is forced out of Anfield, the 27-year-old would prefer a move to long-term admirers Real Madrid or Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.

But moneybags City could blow their rivals away as Hughes looks to build a team capable of qualifying for the Champions League.

A source close to City said: "Alonso has proved this season that he is the type of player Hughes needs. He is totally at home in English football, has great experience and he would fit straight in.

"City do need strong characters because everybody has seen the problems Robinho has been causing behind the scenes. It's down to the player. There are other clubs looking but financially Liverpool and Alonso will not find a better deal."

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:21

oh plzz man city shuld get over the idea juss cuz they have rich owners they would get the big players... i mean who would want to get into a team which doesnt play champs league every season ! ...

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:29

it's why i didn't understand he whole robinho thing!

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:31

I agree Amy :D It's stupid I was proper shocked when I was juz reading this story; Alonso has a chance of success with us and trophies not at Man City who were amongst relegation at the start of the season ^_^ I want him to stay <3

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:34

he is the best passer of the ball i've seen in ages we can't lose him and if we do i hope it's not to man city!

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:37

Same here :D He is juz amazing; but there's talk of Tevez wanting to come to Liverpool and us actually wanting him <3 And if we do I reckon we will have to sacrifice either Alonso or Mascherano cos Tevez would have to play behind Fernando and then Gerrard would slip back into midfield with either Javier or Xabi :P I couldn't choose tbh <3

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:38

no i couldn't and i think gerrard is the best in the world when he plays in behind torres! So i wouldn't want to move him!

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:43

Same here Gerrard and Torres are legends together :D But I deffo think we need another striker with some quality as well as those two to try and get the title cos I mean look how many match winners Man United have <_<

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 15:00

yeah i agree i just think it has to be someone who wont mind being on the bench because you don't sub players like torres and gerrard unless they are injured in which case we definitly need another striker!

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 19:02

Are we in May 2008 or something?
Are the papers going to be like this until the end of his career? :huh: :unsure:

A special message to Mark Hughes: "Why don't you do us all a favour and go stick your head up in your ar*e and choke on the millions the new owners stuffed up there, you useless clueless deluded opportunist?!" <_< :shifty:

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 19:08

jules he would be fired in the summer ! .. why cuz he isnt the man for the arabs ! .. so wht is he going to do with alonso ..he cant F*ckin handle robinho , elano and ireland ! ...

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 19:40

He can't handle anyhting but his 1950's/conversative MP-like wig! :lol:

Pia Lampard..!!
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/5/2009, 00:25

thanks

jade15
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/5/2009, 08:16

ha ha LOL :lol:

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/5/2009, 17:46

ALONSO HANDS REDS FITNESS BOOST

Rafael Benitez expects to be able to call on the services of Xabi Alonso for Liverpool's final away game of the season at West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

The Spanish midfielder missed out on the weekend victory at West Ham with an ankle injury sustained following a wild tackle by Joey Barton in the Reds' previous game with Newcastle..

But Alonso is now back in training and should be available for the clash at The Hawthorns.

Manager Rafael Benitez confirmed: "Xabi was jogging today so if he progresses normally for the rest of the week I think he will be available for the weekend.

"Xabi is a key player for us in the middle. It could have been a lot worse so I am really pleased to see him back after just one week."

144 replies since 6/5/2009, 15:16   823 views