News Of The World Column

« Older   Newer »
Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/6/2010, 19:35

Aww, such a nice column.Glad she and the kids sre in touch with Steven so much.

jazzyforever
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/6/2010, 20:59

such a cute family!

ninlit
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/6/2010, 23:19

Lovely x

Snöflinga
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/6/2010, 08:13

thanks a lot

~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/6/2010, 05:35

Alex: 'Stevie's goal was a dream come true'
Gerrard's wife celebrated at BBQ

FOR Steven to have scored the first goal for England in the World Cup was just a dream come true for all of us.

It was so exciting. The atmosphere in the stadium must have been electric - it was tense enough at my barbecue in Liverpool!

That goal will be a memory we will treasure for ever. I can't wait for our girls to be old enough to really understand what a star their daddy was last night.

They know he's away working, playing football, but they're really too young to get very excited about it all.

It was also so amazing to see so many England fans out there. I know they will have really lifted the team.

I spent the whole evening completely nervous. The game was amazing. We were all terribly downcast when America equalised. I had my head in my hands.

But at least we didn't lose. At the end of the day it's better than that at least!

Afterwards it was time to get our breath back and have a drink, I can tell you.

I had my mum and brother there, and all my friends. Steven's mum and some of his friends popped in too.

I'd decorated the house with England flags on Friday, to get into the spirit.

Last night our two kids (Lilly, six, and Lexie, four) also wore their England football shirts with "Daddy" printed on the back. I let them stay up to watch the game.

During the day I prepared food for the barbecue, to take my mind off what was to come.

There were loads of salads, burgers, potatoes, hot dogs, chicken, prawns and tomato relish. I decided to come off my healthy-eating regime and just go for it! When I'm nervous I'm more likely to eat.

I've been at home a lot, bored, so I'd already eaten a lot earlier in the week.

I was drinking vodka with lime and soda. When Steven scored his goal I was so excited I almost dropped my glass!

Earlier in the day he'd phoned us, and I texted him just before the game to wish him luck. I always do that, no matter where he is.

Even though the kids are quite loud, the house does feel quiet at the moment. It feels weird that Steven is not here day in, day out.

It's sad coming home and the house being empty.

I feel like I haven't moved all week and I've been bored out my head.

I'm missing Steven a little bit and feel a bit lonely, to be honest. It sounds like I should be on Jeremy Kyle!

The girls are starting to miss Steven a bit more too.

Lilly is back at school, which is good because she's occupied. But she and Lexie keep asking when he's coming home.

I keep explaining, "Daddy's playing football," and they understand he can be away for a long time.

There's been some talk the FA might organise a trip for the families in time for the semi-finals. That would be great. Fingers crossed.

For now, I'm thinking about what I'm going to do for the next game. I may go to a friend's. But because last night went so well, I might organise another barbecue at mine.

Come on, England!

I WAS really upset to read elsewhere I'd supposedly written on Twitter that the men who robbed mine and Steven's home were "scum". To set the record straight, I'm not commenting on the burglary at all, and I've never Tweeted in my life.

I wouldn't know where to start and - to be honest with you - I'm really not so interesting that I need to let everyone know what I'm doing every minute of every day!

cazzymoo
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/6/2010, 08:44

Thanks for the column :)

ctorres
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/6/2010, 11:10

Nice that she cleared up the twitter account stuff! So wrong and slightly odd that people would try and be someone else!

Thanks for the post x

Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/6/2010, 15:35

Thanks for that.She sounds like such a proud wife.

terryballack
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/6/2010, 15:56

Niceeeeee!! Thanks

roya…!
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/6/2010, 09:38

It was interesting.I like it

NeNe15
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/6/2010, 16:42

thanks for this. sounds nice they had a bbq at her's.

jazzyforever
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/6/2010, 16:09

thanks!

Snöflinga
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/6/2010, 08:12

thank you for posting ^^

~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/6/2010, 08:09

England skipper's wife and News of the World columnist gives us her verdict

By Alex Curran, 20/06/2010
FRIDAY night was so hard. Stevie is gutted but I'm making sure I'm there for him.

I've spoken to him a lot since the game because he didn't feel like doing anything yesterday. He just hung around the squad's hotel.

I was screaming like a lunatic during the game. I was worried about what the neighbours would think but I was desperate for them to score.

Steven told me the team didn't perform and weren't good enough. He said they have to work harder and put it right in the next match. I said: "Never mind, let's think about the next game."

It's not my role as a wife to talk about how he played. It's my job to lift him up and make him feel positive.

Hopefully they can put it behind them. I've got everything crossed and I'm praying

I think I'm staying in the UK for the moment but if Steven phoned me and told me to get to South Africa I'd be on the next plane out.

At the moment, though, he's focused on the football and I'll just have to wait to see how they get on.
Booed

It was awful hearing the team being booed after the game.

I understand people have paid thousands of pounds to travel to the World Cup so it is disappointing for those fans. But I think the booing was a shame. The fans need to get behind them. It would give them a boost, and make them feel good rather than worse than they already do.

I couldn't believe a fan got into the dressing room after the game. It's very scary and I've been quite worried about it. I have no idea how someone would get past so much security on such a big night like that.

It's especially unbelievable seeing that Princes William and Harry had been there.

I think it's nice they offered their support. He's met them a few times before but it would have meant so much on Friday night.

Our Lilly-Ella and Lexie stayed at Steven's auntie's to watch with their cousin. She sent me a picture of them dressed in little England kits with facepaint on. I emailed it to Steven so he could get it on his BlackBerry.

I've been trying to focus on keeping fit for our family holiday.

It keeps me busy, which is good because it was very hard for me to watch. I was at home with two friends and two of Steven's mates.

Let's hope we get the result we want on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

louisev
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/6/2010, 11:58

That is so cute! Thanks! :)

51 replies since 6/6/2010, 01:36   1076 views