News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
Katta*
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:16

Hope it's okay I opened this now!? :unsure:

ALONSO AND MASCH INJURY LATEST

Xabi Alonso is a doubt for Saturday's trip to West Ham - though both Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres should be fit.
Alonso left the field on a stretcher last weekend following a high challenge from Newcastle's Joey Barton.

The Spaniard was followed into the treatment room by Mascherano, who was substituted with a twisted ankle.

"Xabi is the main doubt for the weekend," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv. "He has been working and hopefully he will be better in a few days. He is improving but we have to wait.

"We'll have to check him for the weekend because it is more serious than Mascherano's injury."

Fernando Torres is in line for a return at Upton Park after missing Sunday's 3-0 win with a hamstring problem.

"He is training with the physios and maybe tomorrow he will start training with the rest of the team," added Benitez. "I think he will make the weekend."

Meanwhile, Torres is likely to travel with Spain to the Confederations Cup in South Africa next month, but Benitez is hopeful his star striker will have plenty of recuperation time during the summer.

He said: "We have to work together with the fitness coaches and also the doctors of Spain during the summer and hopefully it will be okay for him."

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:22

hope he shrugs it off and gets fit ... if this injury gets prolonged am hunting for tht thug in england !

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:27

It's the end of the season, they got no important game to play at Liverpool. There's no major football tournament in June/July so he'll have all the time he needs to recover with Nagore giving him kisses and hugs to sooth the pain and little mini Xabi calling him "Papa papa!" ^_^

So let's no waste any more time waiting for new developement and let's go hunt down Pikey Barton! :lol:

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:35

jules ... confederation cup is this summer.. so he has a tournament to play if he gets picked by spain ! ... and as for tht thug ! ... yeh lets hunt the twat !

confederation cup is in South Africa

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:36

Wait! The World Cup is in South Africa next year...is it like the general rehersal or something? :blink:

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 15:36

i dunno its a confederation cup tht happens this summer ! .... the world cup is next yr ..i knw !

Katta*
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 18:55

I dont know what this confederation cup is about but it's this summer and so he has to play. I would like to see him play the last 3 games but he should rest at least the next game

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 20:10

i would like him to not play inthe summer alongside the rest of he spanish lads...its not fair on them .. they played last summer, this summer as well and the next summer is world cup ! the spanish guys need a break !

mariap
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 21:14

I agree with Amy. When they have a World Cup next year why the FIFA needs to make another competion.Hope nobody gets kidnapped or shot-its well know that the violence level in Africa has rised since its winning to hold the competion.

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 21:19

i dont get it why FIFA has choosen south africa... it is such a crime oriented coutnry !

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/5/2009, 22:36

The problem with those decisions is that it's made yearq in advance so anyhting can happen. But they don't thinh anything will happen because the decision is made in Geneva by a bunch of fat overprivileged underachievers who judge the quality of the host according to what they are shown and told.

They never go anywhere else but in luxury hotels surronded by the same kind of servants who are here to tell them exactly what they want to hear. So they didn't even know half of the poor black people of South Africa live in some very dreadful conditions thus are proned to express their anger anytime.

So after the last troubles with the people from Zimbawe fleeing their countries and being openly massacred they say: "Let's see if it's really that bad" They went to the Hilton, didn't see any blood or fire so that's okay! <_<

The UEFA did the same with the choice of Rome as a place for the Champions League final. There were no holigans or fascists, no fence, no fire at the hotel reception or the Vatican so they assume the stadium was as safe and clean as the place they stayed.

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/5/2009, 12:45

Thanks for that Katta :D Hope he will be fit as well along with Javier and Fernando <3 They're our star players and important to us :P

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/5/2009, 13:14

he isnt travelling to london today ! .. f**kin hate tht T**t Barton1

out of the game ! against west ham !

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/5/2009, 13:19

Yeah I juz read it on the Liverpool website :( Hate Barton; he has always been a bad sort though tbh <3 I was giving him another chance but after that no way; but he should be back for the match after this one :D

Katta*
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/5/2009, 19:54

but so he'll be fit fo the other 2 games, hopefully.

144 replies since 6/5/2009, 15:16   821 views