imageimageimageimageimage

Loving the tight top and the tight pants. Nice arse! :shifty:

Untagged

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

:wacko: OH MY GOD!!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Poor Michael, why is Rio doing that to him? He scored for them bastards and now Ferdinand is giving him herpes! That's terrible! <_<

I hope Mikey was offered counselling after such a dreadful experience :unsure:

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/9/2009, 16:27

SKY SPORTS MAGAZINE - EXCLUSIVE

OCTOBER 2009

FOES REUNITED

"He deserves more respect"

Jamie Carragher on Michael Owen and Liverpool v Manchester United

Liverpool v Manchester United is a rivalry unlike any other. But as Jamie Carragher says, when the teams meet this month the story will have a new twist

BACK in 2004, Sir Alex Ferguson did an interview with The Sunday Times in which he was fulsome in his praise of Steven Gerrard.

Inevitably it begged the question of whether Ferguson would want to buy the midfielder, likening a possible deal to the one that saw Luis Figo controversially move from Barcelona to Real Madrid. Ferguson replied: "I think there's a matter of 1,000 miles between Barcelona and Madrid. The 35 miles between Liverpool and Manchester make it a bit more complicated."

When Rafael Benitez tried to sign Gabriel Heinze from United in 2007 Ferguson stood firm. He was willing to let Heinze go but not to Liverpool. The Argentinian defender moved to Real Madrid instead. No player has moved directly from Liverpool to United or vise-versa since 1964 when Phil Chisnall moved from Old Trafford to Anfield for £25,000. It's a fact that serves to neatly sum up the rivalry.

And it's against this backdrop that one of Liverpool's greatest forwards, Michael Owen, will arrive at Anfield this month as a Manchester United player, (albeit via Real Madrid and Newcastle), for what could be a season-defining game.

Irrespective of whether Owen starts the match or not, his mere presence at the game as a United player adds a brilliant subplot to the story. Of greater significance to the history of these clubs is that they have both won the League 18 times. Indeed, United fans never miss an opportunity to remind Liverpool how long it's been since they've won it - back in 1990 to be precise.

Until last year, The Kop could at least hit back with the fact they've won more titles. Now United have levelled the score. The sense of anticipation around this match is heightened by the fact that Liverpool finished second last year in a campaign which included going to Old Trafford and winning 4-1.

"For our fans, beating United is always vital", says Liverpool's Jamie Carragher, a veteran of 26 league and cup clashes between the sides. " There's a rivalry there that means beating the other is big, whatever the league situation. Last season it was even bigger because the wins - and especially the one at Old Trafford - put us firmly in the title race. We were struggling before we went to United but our win there gave us the impetus to get right back in the thick of things. It triggered what was an exciting finale for everyone."

Of that 4-1 win he adds: "It was a good result but in the back of your mind you respect the fact that they were still top of the league and still in the driving seat. We weren't going to go off screaming and shouting and getting carried away. The other thing is we're Liverpool Football Club. We're expected to win games. Our fans expect to win games; we expect to win games, even at Old Trafford. It was great and I'm sure the fans revelled in it that afternoon, but as players you have to keep your emotions in check. We'd have looked stupid going wild in the dressing room with them still ahead of us. It was three big points but they didn't win us anything."

Two images stand out from that match. One was the shot of Edwin Van Der Sar looking on helplessly as the ball looped over his head for Liverpool's fourth goal. The other was Nemanja Vidic, who up until that match had been many people's idea of Player of the Year, left for dead by Fernando Torres.

"Torres was brilliant that day and gave Vidic the run around, something no one else had managed all season. Hopefully when the game at Anfield comes around, Vidic and his team mates will have that bit of doubt in their minds and Nando will be that bit more confident. The big teams are so closely matched that it can come down to little details like that."

While United have Torres to think about, Carragher may have to mark Owen - the players have been close friends since their teens. Was he surprised by the move to Manchester United?

"I was a bit. Not because I ever doubt Michael's ability but it was just so out of the blue. it happened so quickly. One minute you're wondering where he'll end up and the next he's at Old Trafford. When I've played against him he's been kept fairly quiet but - and no disrespect to Newcastle - he wasn't getting the service and it'll be a harder experience when he's in United's line-up."

Views are divided among liverpool's supporters towards Owen. Despite his achievements at the club some won't forgive him for leaving just at the moment when Rafael Benitez joined and may let their feelings be known about him playing for United.

"Our fans are usually brilliant with former players but he might get a cool reception. That won't bother him though. You can understand the fans' point of view. He used to play for us and now he's at the big rivals so of course there will be some reaction. That's football and Michael will know that. At the same time, Michael's got his career to think about. He wants to get his name back up there, he wants to play Champions League football and get into the World Cup squad. The move gives him that opportunity. It will have upset some fans but that's football. He's a mate of mine so I suppose I have to wish him well, but only to a certain extent! His achievements have been forgotten very quickly. This is a kid who went to a World Cup and set it alight. He scored one of the great World Cup goals, not against some Mickey Mouse nation either, against Argentina! What an impact at only 18. He's won the European Footballer of the Year. How many British players can say that? If he never kicks a football again, he's done more than most and I think he's due a bit more respect. Michael has a very strong character so stick doesn't bother him."

Another feature of this rivalry last year was the verbal exchanges between Benitez and Ferguson but Carragher is keen to stress that such matters have no bearing on what happens on the pitch.

"It doesn't affect football matches. it keeps everyone entertained and fills sports pages so I guess everyone's happy. There's a lot of hype around the game these days and the stuff that goes on between these guys fuels that. It's not a problem, we're aware that quotes are twisted and things are juiced up."

Indeed, it's hard to see such trivialities getting to Carragher. He had to bounce back from scoring two own goals against United at Anfield in 1999. But he emerged from the experience a stronger player. If anyone can handle the pressure of this match and of trying to win the title, Carragher is that man.

"We're used to it at Liverpool and personally I don't let it get to me. We know we're a strong set of players and know that we need to win games of football. Hopefully winning those games will take us to the title."

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS: LIVERPOOL V MAN UTD:
SUNDAY 25 OCTOBER, 1PM SS1/SSHD1

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/9/2009, 10:52

HQs ^^

imageimageimageimage

zoechan14
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/9/2009, 11:41

Michael leaving Old Trafford with James
image image image

DO NOT REPOST

lexieg
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/9/2009, 14:47

thanks fo picture

Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/9/2009, 18:00

Thanks for the pics.

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/10/2009, 11:33

Oucha my goucha! Look at those arms! :woot: :wub:

Edited by Jules =^.^= - 18/10/2009, 12:00

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/10/2009, 12:00

imageimage

Edited by Jules =^.^= - 18/10/2009, 12:54

Portia.
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/10/2009, 13:47

Thanks for that. Great interview, I'm really starting to warm to Owen, never thought I would do.

Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2009, 10:28

Thanks for that.Great interview.Love the pics.

Jules =^.^=
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/10/2009, 21:48

:blink: :woot: :blink: :woot: :blink:

Holy Lord! I want to f*cking shag his brains out! :wub: :woot:

242 replies since 16/1/2009, 22:40   1690 views