News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
xtracyx
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/1/2009, 03:25

post articles/interviews here

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/1/2009, 19:09

Liverpool WAG Alex Curran involved in car smash

The wife of Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was involved in a car smash this morning as she drove their eldest daughter Lily-Ella to school.

Blonde WAG Alex Curren was driving the 5-year-old during rush hour along the busy A565 Formby Bypass just minutes away from the couple's home.

A collision between her black Range Rover 4x4 and another vehicle happened outside the Red Squirrel pub as a line of traffic formed next to the traffic lights.

With no injuries to either party, both drivers exchanged details and decided not to inform the police, letting their insurance companies to deal with the matter.

Pieces of bumper debris and smashed glass were left in the road but the two cars were not seriously damaged and both drove away from the scene.

One onlooker said: "The smash made quite a crunch and their bumpers were damaged but nobody looked hurt.

"The other driver was standing next to Alex's car with their arms folded.

"The pair swapped details and before driving off."

Alex's husband, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, spoke at the clubs Melwood training ground and denied being involved in the accident this morning.

Spokesman for Liverpool Ian Cotton, said: "Steven arrived at training this morning and we have spoken about the incident.

"Steven has assured me that he was not involved in any car smash this morning."

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "We have not been informed of any car accidents in that area this morning.

"If it was a minor coming together of two cars often the drivers will more often than not just sort it out themselves."

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 12:48

Alex Curran/Gerrard's 1st Interview

The fiancee of England soccer star Steven Gerrard has spoken for the first time about their love.

Alex Curran says the tough-tackling Liverpool midfielder is a hopeless romantic, who loves being a hands-on dad. And she reveals the truth about her friendship with fellow England hero Wayne Rooney's bride-to-be Coleen McLoughlin.

Posing for our exclusive photoshoot Alex, 22, looks elegant and sexy. She and Steven have been together since 2002 and they became engaged a year ago, just days after their daughter Lilly-Ella was born.

Alex recalls: "When we got back from hospital, Steven told me he had a surprise - he had tucked an engagement ring in the folds of the baby's blanket and I found the box. I opened it to see this amazing diamond engagement ring. It's a beautiful ring with a rock in the middle and heart-shaped diamonds on each side, but what I love about it the most is that he designed it himself."

As we talk, the amazing diamond ring sparkles on her finger. But Alex says being a footballer's fiancee isn't all diamonds and glamorous parties.

"My life is nothing like the Footballers' Wives on TV. It's not all celebrity parties and trendy clubs. I spend my days looking after my daughter and tidying the house, cooking and ironing. People expect me to have an army of helpers and nannies but it's just me - although my mum and Steven's mum are a massive support."

Alex, from the Norris Green area of Liverpool, and Steven met in nightclub Reds in the city three years ago. She says: "Steven got my mobile number from a friend and came round to my mum's house to see me. We sat on the couch together not saying very much. To be honest, I couldn't wait for him to go - I was so embarrassed.

"I didn't really consider what it would be like being a footballer's girlfriend. I just knew I liked Steven. He seemed really down to earth.

"Despite it being a bit awkward, I knew he was 'The One'. I knew it then and there. He seemed a lovely person and I just knew I wanted to be with him."

On their first date a day later, at a local restaurant, Alex sat nervously sipping wine. She adds: "Steven was dead thingyy. He's very confident and funny. I was drinking wine to try to steady my nerves but by the end of the evening we were dancing in a bar together.

"We got a taxi home and he dropped me off at my mum's house and gave me a goodnight kiss."

From that moment on, the couple have been inseparable. Seven months later, they moved into a beautiful home together near Crosby, Merseyside.

Alex says: "When he was looking to move house, he announced to me 'Well, you know you are moving in too'. He never really asked. I think he was too embarrassed but we ended up moving in together to the new home."

The pair discovered Alex was pregnant after her 21st birthday party. They had just returned from a family holiday in Portugal.

"Steven couldn't wait to tell everyone. It's what we wanted but we were both surprised how quickly it happened. He called his mum straight away. Everyone was over the moon. I was only six weeks gone but we were bursting to tell all our close family and friends."

The soccer star was also by her side during the six-hour labour at their local hospital.

"He said I kept asking him for cream cakes during the labour. I was starving! We didn't go private and I didn't want a caesarean section. When Lilly-Ella was born Steven cut the cord. He had a lump in his throat and it was an amazing moment. She was tiny with lots of hair. She had little pouting lips. She was only 7lb 1oz - I was 11lb when I was born!

"I was convinced it was going to be a boy. We had picked the name Georgie. We didn't have a girl's name chosen but Steven said he liked Lilly and I liked Ella and that's how we picked it. Steven's a very hands-on dad. From the beginning he was changing nappies and taking Lilly-Ella out for walks in her pram.

"We try not to spoil her too much. She's not dressed head-to-toe in designer babywear. She's just had her first birthday and is crawling everywhere - she'd just ruin the clothes.

"For her birthday, we had a tea party for 35 children at our home. It was mad.

"We bought her a little silver Mercedes which she'll be able to drive soon - she's too small to reach the pedals at the moment.

"We are hoping to have a little brother or sister for Lilly in a year or so but at the moment she keeps me pretty busy. I think Steven would be happy with about five more but I think I'd like three."

In recent weeks, Alex has found herself pictured alongside Wayne Rooney's girlfriend Coleen McLoughlin with claims of rivalry between them in the style stakes.

Former nail technician Alex rolls her eyes. "It's rubbish to say that we don't get on. Actually, we are friends. Coleen's a lovely girl. I became quite close to her when we went away on England trips together.

"It must be tough for her to get so much criticism. But all this stuff about a rivalry between us is rubbish.

"In fact, we both laugh about it when we see each other." Alex insists her clothes style is not copied from Coleen's. "Yes we dress a bit alike - we are from the same area and around the same age with similar lives. We're bound to go to the same shops and even occasionally end up buying thesame things." She adds: "I wear designer clothes but I also wear High Street stuff too. Sometimes you can't beat a top from TopShop or H&M." Steven from Huyton, Merseyside, made his Liverpool debut in 1998 and has 32 England caps under his belt. "He'd love to be captain of England one day," says Alex. "He's captain of Liverpool and he takes that responsibility very seriously - he knows he's a role model to lots of kids." Alex does enjoy rubbing shoulders with other footballers' wives at England matches. "At the Euro 2004 championships in Portugal all the wives and girlfriends had a great time. There was no pregnant doginess or rivalry. "Victoria Beckham was brilliant fun. We all stayed at the same place. All the children were playing together in the pool and there was a great atmosphere" "Sven Goran Eriksson's girlfriend Nancy Dell'Olio organised everyone. We would go out shopping or to eat together and spend the days reading magazines by the pool. Alex says watching matches together can be a nail-biting experience. "Some of the girls were panicky whenever their boyfriends made a small mistake. I do get nervous watching Steven play big games. I know one silly mistake can turn people against you,but I worry more about him being injured.

Alex was not paid for this interview. Instead the Sunday Mirror is making a donation to Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Liverpool

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:00

I'VE HAD A BOOB JOB.. AND I'VE JOINED THE MIRROR

SHAPELY Alex Curran has admitted for the first time: "Yes, I've had a boob job."

The fiancee of footie hero Steven Gerrard went under the knife two years ago to go from from a B cup to a D.

She says: "I did it to make me feel better, not for anyone else. Although I'm sure Steven doesn't mind them!"

But the down-to-earth Scouse beauty insists her enhanced figure is the only Footballer's Wife-style thing about her.

Well, apart from the shopping - where she's in a league of her own.

Today Alex, 23, joins the Daily Mirror to launch a brilliant new column in which she'll be giving top fashion tips.

And it won't be all bling. "I'm definitely no clothes snob," she says.

OUR NEW SHOPPING EXPERT REVEALS HER OWN DOWN-TO-EARTH STYLE

MODEL slim with a St Tropez tan, Alex is regularly pictured with shopping bags dangling from her arms.

But what many people don't realise about England footballer Steven Gerrard's fiancee is that her day-to-day life is surprisingly unglamorous.

"I'm just a normal mum doing normal everyday things - the washing, the ironing, and making the tea," says Alex, who's mum to the couple's one-year-old daughter.

But she is keeping tight-lipped about rumours that there might soon be a brother or sister for Lilly-Ella.

But she's kept pretty busy as it is.

She says: "I'm up at 7am every day. I get breakfast ready, take Lilly-Ella to nursery and stop at the shops to buy something for tea. I'm nothing like the glamorous footballer's wife stereotype."

And, despite Steven's huge salary, Alex says she prefers to shop at high-street stores such as H&M and Topshop, and only splurges on expensive designer gear for special occasions.

The 23-year-old even likes to pick up fashion bargains at Tesco while she's filling her trolley with groceries.

"I feel self-conscious that people always see photos of me shopping and think that's all I ever do," Alex says.

"I don't just wear expensive clothes. I love H&M, Zara, Topshop. If I see something I really like at Tesco, then I'll buy it with the weekly shop. I'm definitely not a clothes snob."

It's Alex's ability to hunt out a bargain and always look stylish and sexy that makes her the perfect choice to be the Daily Mirror's new shopping columnist.

Starting next Wednesday, Alex will be revealing her top fashion finds and sharing her clothes tips with readers every week.

You'll never catch down-to-earth Alex getting her nails done or visiting a health spa - "I couldn't bear to sit in a room on my own and have no one to talk to," she laughs - but she is happy to talk about her decision to have the ultimate celebrity treatment - a boob job.

"I got them done two years ago," she confides. "I used to be a small B cup and I'm now a D. I realised I wanted bigger boobs when I was younger and I started going out and getting dressed up. At school all my mates had massive boobs but I always had little ones.

"I always said I'd like to get bigger boobs. As soon as you get them done though, you just feel like you've had them all your life. It's weird, but I love them."

Despite her enlarged assets, Alex prefers a more modest look when she goes out. "I don't like to show them off," she says.

"Sometimes I'll be wearing a V-neck top and I'll spend all night pulling it up."

Alex and Steven, 25, met in a Liverpool nightclub three years ago. "We knew each other to say hello. Then he got my number off a friend, phoned me up and asked me out," Alex says.

"I said no. Steven had never had a steady girlfriend, so I thought: 'Oh he's a footballer, he must have a reputation.' But all my friends said I should at least go on one date."

Alex eventually accepted, but their first date was less than romantic. Steven turned up at her mum's house while Alex was babysitting for her little brother. "I was so embarrassed," Alex admits. "It would have been different if we were in a restaurant with a bit of atmosphere, but we just sat there."

The couple eventually went out for dinner - and the conversation started to flow.

"We went for a meal and a few drinks, then danced all night. On the way home, Steven fell asleep in the taxi and the driver couldn't wake him up." Despite that unromantic start, within a year they had moved in together and Alex was expecting their first child, Lilly-Ella.

"I'd always said I'd rather be a young mum and it was important for Steven that we had kids early," Alex says.

Steven may be a hard man on the pitch, but at home he's a doting father.

"He was there when I gave birth and he was really calm," she says. "He even cut the umbilical cord."

Steven proposed to Alex a couple of days later. He designed the engagement ring himself and had been carrying it around for weeks waiting for the right moment.

In the end he tucked it into newborn Lilly-Ella's blanket. "I pulled it out and he just asked me. I was wearing my pyjamas but I'm happy it was like that, I'd have died if he'd done it in a restaurant.

"I get embarrassed if he gets soppy," she laughs. "For me romance is just us spending time together.

"I know footballers have a reputation but I trust Steven. I just know he's a good guy. I wouldn't be with someone if I couldn't trust him."

The couple are thinking about a 2007 wedding. "I want a big white wedding - although not as extravagant as Jordan's. But it will be big and in this country."

Alex is now excitedly pulling together ideas for her shopping column. She's the first to admit that she's made some fashion clangers in the past (that canary yellow jumpsuit has been binned), but she now feels more confident about her style.

"I think my fashion sense has matured," she says.

Alex also speaks highly of fellow footballer's fiancee Coleen McLoughlin's fashion sense.

"I think Coleen dresses really well for her age," says Alex.

"She always looks smart but she's a bit more conservative than me. I think I'm more daring."

Alex may spend her days running around after her daughter but she always makes an effort to look good. And her passion for clothes is already rubbing off on Lilly-Ella.

"She likes dressing up and is always in my wardrobe," Alex laughs.

"The other day I found her carrying one of my little bags, wearing my Louis Vuitton flip-flops and holding my mobile phone.

"She was pretending to have a conversation on the phone and laughing her head off."

But, as Alex explains, their life is so normal, they often forget daddy is famous.

"Lilly-Ella and I went past the bus stop the other day and there was a big photograph of Steven in an advert for Adidas.

"She just said: 'Daddy,' and I said: 'Oh yeah, it's daddy, isn't it?' She thinks it's normal."

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:01

ALEX CURRAN: I'M RUBBISH WITH TECHNOLOGY

Footballer's wife Alex, 25, is married to Steven Gerrard. They live in Formby, Liverpool with daughters Lilly, three, and Lexie, 18 months...

Food
Always the same or always game?
I’m always game. I love eating out and trying new things. Because Steven has to eat well to help him stay fit, at home we eat chicken and fish with lots of fresh veg or pasta, so when we go out I like to try new things.

Clothes
M&S or D&G?
I love designer if I’m going somewhere special but for everyday wear I choose high street. Sometimes a mix of both can be great but I’m afraid when it comes to handbags I have a real weakness for designer labels.

Holiday
Beach or piste?
Definitely beach. I love the beach and lying by the pool. We can only holiday in the summer when the football season finishes, so we couldn’t go skiing anyway. I’ve never been to the slopes but, to be honest, it doesn’t appeal.

Apprach to life
Mañana or right now?
I’m really impatient and want things done right now. I think you have to be organised if you are a mum with two little ones. Unless you do things there and then they just don’t get done. That’s why I finished my Christmas shopping ages ago.

Drink
Beer or Bolli?
Bolli. My favourite drink is a Bellini – champagne and peach schnapps – and that’s what I’d drink on a girly night out or if I was out for dinner.

Housekeeping
Aggie & Kim or Wayne & Waynetta?
Aggie and Kim without a doubt and Steven is the same, which is a good job. Even with kids I like to keep the house as tidy as possible and I’m always rearranging their toys and fretting about the mess.

Cars
Girl racer or Sunday driver?
I’m a bit of both. If the girls are in the car then I’m a Sunday driver but when I’m on my own I tend to put my foot down.
I have a Range Rover which is great because it’s big and sturdy and feels safe.

Property
Urban chic or rural retreat?
Our house is quite modern as it was built just a few years ago but it’s in a nice quiet area and we have a squirrel park at the end of the road which is lovely to visit and makes it feel rural. We’ve got the best of both worlds.

Children
Mary Poppins or Cruella de Vil?
My daughters would probably say I was Cruella de Vil as I’m quite strict with them and like them to know right from wrong. However, I do spoil them if they have been good. I want to strike the right balance and make them appreciate things.

Money
Rainy day or live for today?
I’m somewhere in the middle with this one, although perhaps I veer towards “live for today”. But I don’t spend money just for the sake of it. I have to need or want something.

Friends
Quantity or quality?
Quality. I’ve got three or four close mates whom I speak to most days and have girly nights out with. If we can’t get out for an evening, we meet up with the children. My friends are always there for me if I need them.

Shopping
Until you drop or avoid at all costs?
Oh, I’m sure the answer to that one is obvious. I love shopping and can quite happily shop until I drop. However, I don’t enjoy it if the shops are busy so I try to go early in the day.

Health
Alternative or aspirin?
If I have a headache I immediately reach for a Nurofen. The cupboard is full of cold and flu medicine, although we’re lucky as we never seem to get too many ailments.

Rubbish
Bin it or recycle it?
I do try to recycle as much as I can but it’s not always easy. I should try harder and make the girls more aware.

Fitness
Jane Fonda or Jim Royle?
Jim Royle, I’m afraid. I don’t get the time to work out because I’ve got the children. I run around after them and go swimming with them, so I suppose that’s a start. Finding more time to get fit is one of my New Year resolutions.

Technology
Gadget girl or technophobe?
Technophobe. It takes me weeks to work out how to use a new mobile phone and if I press a wrong button on the TV remote control, I’m lost for ages and have to wait for Steven to get home and sort it out. I’m completely rubbish with any technology.

Entertainment
Intimate dinner or big bash?
I love a good party. We had one last year at the house in between Christmas and New Year and it was a great night. I would love to organise another event like that soon.

source :- www.express.co.uk

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:03

WHY ACE GERRARD'S FIANCEE ALEX SHOPS SO MUCH...

IF shopping is an art form, then Alex Curran is a master of it. She is rarely seen out without an array of bags bearing designer logos swinging from her arm.

And as the fiancee of Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard - who is rumoured to earn £100,000 a week - she can usually afford to snap up whatever catches her eye.

But it's a shock to hear her admit that her frequent bouts of "retail therapy" often leave her consumed by guilt, embarrassment and shame.

"Sometimes I hide my shopping bags in the back of my wardrobe before Steven gets home," admits Alex, 22. "And when I wear something new I'll tell him I've had it for ages.

"It's not that Steven would go mad if he knew I'd had a bit of a spree. He just laughs and rolls his eyes when he hears I've hit the shops.

"And OK, I know I'm very lucky, but sometimes I get serious guilt pangs about how much I've spent.

"I don't know exactly how many handbags I've got, but it's enough to fill a big shelf in my wardrobe. I feel bad about having so many and often end up giving them away to friends and family.

"I haven't counted how many pairs of shoes I own either, but I know it's loads. I don't have a special room for them or anything, but I definitely have more than 50 pairs. Not more than 100 pairs, though... At least I don't think so."

Although it may seem otherwise, Alex insists her daily life is nothing like that of the idle, rich, glamorous characters in the hit TV series Footballers' Wives.

"I wish it was," she laughs. "They always sit around doing whatever they like and go out all the time. But it's not like that for me, which is why I don't relate to anyone in that show.

"I can't go out all that often because Steven works every single day. And most of the time I'm running around after our 16-month-old daughter, Lilly-Ella - she always comes first.

"I get up with the baby every morning, make her and Steven's breakfast, then take Lilly out to the park or swimming pool.

"I always do the food shopping and make Steven's dinner when he comes home.

"He has to eat really healthily because of his football, so it's usually something like spaghetti bolognaise, or grilled chicken and fish with lots of veg. I'm not bad at cooking.

"And we don't have a nanny, so I'm always running around after Lilly. We have a cleaner but I still do a lot of housework.

"Steven puts the odd wash on, but it's usually a disaster because he puts all the coloureds in with the whites and everything comes out a big, grey mess."

Despite being so busy with her home and family, Alex still finds plenty of time to go shopping.

H ONESTLY, half the time I'm seen with a shopping bag it's because I'm taking clothes back," she says.

"I'm like most girls who are guilty of the odd impulse buy, which has to be returned.

"I also shop for Steven because he doesn't get much time these days. If something doesn't fit or he doesn't like it, I take it back to the shop.

"People make out that I'm in the shops every day, but that's only if buying food counts.

"Even if I do buy clothes, it's not always designer gear - I love H&M, Topshop, Whistles and Debenhams."

There is another reason for her being so passionate about shopping - Alex hopes to carve out a part-time career as a model in fashion shoots.

She has never used a stylist, choosing her own look to suit her slim frame. Most times she gets it right but she's not immune to the odd sartorial clanger.

Even Alex shudders at the memory of one particular outfit she wore last March - a canary yellow Juicy Couture tracksuit teamed with Chav-tastic moon boots.

"Aaargh," she squeals. "I thought it was all right at the time. But when I saw the pictures I thought, 'Oh no, it's awful!' That was the worst mistake I've ever made. It was far too over the top, too banana, too Ali G. I'd never wear it again in public.

"I had quite a few Juicy Couture tracksuits because they were dead comfy, but I've gone past them now. I'd only wear them around the house. But not the yellow.

"Never the yellow. I think I'd feel sick if I had to wear it again. And I doubt any of my mates would want it as a cast-off."

Although that outfit had the style police hooting in derision, the fact that Alex got so much attention for wearing it proves her growing status as one of our very own "footballers' wives".

These days, the former beautician from Aintree in Liverpool regularly appears in the gossip columns, along with Coleen McLoughlin, who also enjoys the odd trip to the shops.

Although she and Coleen, Wayne Rooney's fiancee, have a similar sense of style, Alex insists this is accidental.

SHE says, "If me and Coleen look the same it's partly coincidence, partly because we're about the same age, and partly because we're from the same area and like the same shops. Nothing else.

"We get on well and hang out at the England matches together, but now she's moved to Manchester I don't see her as much as I used to.

"I also see Victoria Beckham at international games, but she lives in Spain now, so I don't bump into her often."

In the footballing world, her closest friends are former Emmerdale actress Sheree Murphy, who is married to Harry Kewell, and Jamie Carragher's fiancee Nicola. All three were ecstatic when Liverpool won the Champions League in Istanbul last May.

"Me and my family have always been Liverpool supporters - and I do know the offside rule, thanks very much," grins Alex. "I didn't go to Turkey because I had to mind the baby, but Steven phoned me after the match.

"I could hear the crowd going crazy, and Steven could hardly speak he was so hoarse. He was still just as high when he came home. He kept saying, 'I can't believe it', over and over again. In fact, he never shut up about it."

Alex met Steven in a Liverpool nightclub three years ago. He got her mobile number from a friend and later called round at her mum's house.

She moved into his luxury home in Blundellsands, Merseyside, quit her job as a nail technician in a salon, and put all her energies into looking after Steven and, later, their daughter Lilly-Ella. In February, 25-year-old Steven proposed and although they haven't set a date for the wedding, Alex is already dreaming of her dress.

"It'll be a few years before we get married," she says. "I haven't thought about where we'll have the reception or anything. But I know the dress will be a really big fairytale one."

Being with one of Britain's football heroes, means Alex has to cope with girls throwing themselves at Steven. But she says jealousy isn't an issue for them.

"I trust Steven 100 per cent, so it doesn't really bother me," she says. "I'm sure we'll be together for ever - even if he finds my secret shopping stash.

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:05

When Alex curran arrives for her fashion shoot with now, she looks every inch the footballers fiancee,with perfect make up,hair extensions and a tan. She's immaculatly decked out in this summers boho loo-and her enthusiasm for designer clothes has led to being compared to another footballers fiancee coleen Mcloughlin. Since Alex started dating liverpool and england player steven gerrard, 25 in 2002 her life has changed dramatically. The former nail technician now lives in a five bedroom mansion in a posh liverpool suburb, and has her pick of the best of everything, well steven who was the hero of liverpools epic champions league victory, does earn a whooping £60,000 a week! Alex is delighted by his recent win saying "i watched it at home with our 15 month-old daughter lilly-ella. it was amazing and im very very proud." shes also sporting a huge diamond engagment ring "the thing i love most about it is that steven designed it himself"she confides. but alex is keen to put the record straight about her life. yes, she has pots of money and loves buying nice clothes. but shes also a full time mum. Here the shy 22 year old reveals what life as a soon-to-be footballers wife

Alex, we have to know do you watch footballers wives?
sometimes. i think its funny but obviously real lifes nothnig like that. people don't really think my lifes like that, do they?

We think some might.because until recently you have never done any interviews,why did you change your mind?
Doing things like this gives everyone a chance to find out what im really like. Alot of people don't realise im a mum with a baby to look after.

Your portrayed as someone who spends all their time shopping. does it bother you ?
it does annoy me. i couldnt spend all my time shopping because i have my little girl to look after, but its when im out shopping that my picture gets taken so people think its all i do.I might just be in town doing food shopping, or getting stuff for the steven or the baby

Were you suprised when you started getting press attention?
yeah,i didnt realise people would be intrested. i thought that if you stayed out of the public eye, then people would leave you alone

Do the paparazzi follow you?
No, but sometimes they do stand outside the house and there often hanging around town,its always the same local photographers and there always nice to me

Why do you think the press comment on your dress sense?
I don't know, i just like bright colours. The way i dress is how alot of girls in liverpool dress. They like to dress well and spend time on there appearence

Is it true you fell out with coleen mcloughlin for copying your style?
Not at all ive met her a few times and we get on fine, but we don't evan know each other that well. were just the same age and from the same area, so we dress in a simialr way.

Describe your look for us?
I like following fashoin but with the baby i also have to wear things i feel comfortable in. I love designer labels like Roberto cavalli and Missoni, bit i like Topshop and H&M, too

You and coleen always seem to be photographed with shopping bags from cricket. whats so special about it?
Its a designer shop in liverpool that has some lovely stuff. but the main reason i go there so often is because its near the car park, so its really easy to dash in. The photographers know we all go in there so they hang around

Does steven keep and eye on what you spend?
Hes generous and easy going about money.But he'll say "how much did that cost" or "i don't see why you need another one of those"just like any bloke

Do you spend alot on beauty treatments?
i get my hair dryed if im going out, but thats because i have extensions and you cant use straighteners on them.And i have a tan done if im going out,but thats about it.

Do you have a nanny?
No, but i get alot of help from my mum and stevens mum. im luckier than most mums because i don't have to work, so i don't need to worry about finding the right perdon to look after my baby

Did you find looking after her hard work at first?
it was a massive shock!your mum always says 2you dont know how hard it is",but you don't really understand until it happens. The hardest thing is knowing when you can catch up on your sleep. Lilly-ella had bronchitis recently, so i had to her in bed with me because i was worried about her breathing. And now shes used to it,so she comes in with us every night. were all squashed up and shes there spread out like a starfish

Whats Steven like with her?
He's dead good.he away alot and when he comes back she doesnt come near me, shes a real daddys girl

Do you ever socialise with other footballers and there girlfriends?
Sometimes, but thats more a work thing. Steven has some really good friends from his team,but most of our mates are people from liverpool that we have know for years. And we'd rather go to the pictures or go for a meal than to celeb parties

What about when hes playing for england? do you hang out with victoria beckham?
ive met victoria and shes really nice but i wouldnt say i know her well. if theres a big match then all the wives and girlfriends are invited alongm and we all go out together, but its not like we see them all the time.

Do you have to worry about keeping in shape?
ive got no idea what i weigh and i never exercise. im terrible!but i probably stay fit runnig around after my little one all day. i did put on about 2st when i was pregnant, but i lost it quite easily. im thinner now than i was before. my mum says she was the same.

Do you watch what you eat?
Not really, i usually cook stevens tea so i have what hes having-chicken or something. The rest of the time i just grab what i can. And im obsessed with Mcdonalds at the moment i have one nearly every day.

How did steven propose?
ive told this story so many times and i always feel silly. it was just after we brought the baby home from hospital and he told me to look inside her baby blancket. He'd hidden the ringin it.

That sounds sweet!Did he get down on one knee?
No!we were sat on the sofa and i was wearing pyjamas!

Have you set a date for the wedding yet?
No! we havent made any plans yet. It'll probably be a few years. We're in no rush

We bet you've thought about what sort of dress you want....
well, ive had a few ideas. i want a proper, big,sticky-out one. And we'll probably go away somewhere-not abroad but a stately home maybe.

And have you got any career plans for the future?
well ive loved doing this shoot. and id really like to do more. But not all the time. Ill probably be a full time mum foe now,but it would be nice to do something like this once a month or sometihng.

How does Steven feel about your photo-shoots?
Hes very supportive. And he knows it gives me something to do while hes busy-some independence. He just wants me to be happy

from 2005
its pretty old this one---

credit to :- http://groups.msn.com/xsteviegerrardx

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:07

The Birth Of Lexie.
May 06

Steven Gerrard and his fiancee Alex Curran have a lot to celebrate. On Tuesday May 9 they welcomes their second daughter, Lexie, into the world and just days later Steven captained the Liverpool team to victory in the FA Cup Final. They've hardly had time to catch their breath but just 24 hours after the win, the glamorous couple and their two-year-old daughter Lilly-Ella welcomes OK! into their home in Formby, for this exclusive photo-shoot, to show off their newborn baby.
And when OK! arrives it's clear that motherhood second time around is agreeing with Alex who has snapped back into shape less than a week after giving birth. Steven clearly has his mind on the forthcoming World Cup, but it's obvious he's besotted by his two little girls and can't resist showing them off.
So once the final frame of this little family was shot and the tea was brewed, OK! sat down with Alex and Steven to talk about Lexie's dramatic arrival, their wedding plans and why Steven nearly lost his ear!

Triumph in the FA Cup Final and the birth of your second daughter - what a week!

Steven: Yes! Both Lilly and Lexie's births have been the best two days of my life but winning the cup has been very special too.

Is it true you had Lexie induced because of your football schedule?

Well, Alex's due date was on Cup Final day so obviously when it was getting nearer I started to panic. I didn't want to miss the Cup Final but I didn't want to miss the birth either. Experiencing Lilly's birth was so special and I wasn't going to miss Lexie's for anything.
Alex: There was a chance I was going to go over my due date and if that happened Steven might only have had a couple of days with Lexie before he had to go off to Germany, so it made sense.

How did you come to the decision to induce the baby a few days early?

Steven: Alex was seeing an obstetrician and he told me not to worry about the delivery clashing with the match because he'd be able to induce her. Alex agreed to do it and I'll never forget that. So we managed to get the baby induced on the Tuesday before the Cup Final.

What was it like being induced?

Well I went in on the Monday night and they gave me a tablet at about 10pm and said I should get some rest.
Steven: We were prepared for a sleepness night but after she was given the pessary, the midwife who was looking after Alex said she needed to get some sleep because the labour would start early in the morning.

What did you do in the meantime, Steven?

I wanted to stay at the hospital with Alex but there weren't any beds so I stayed in a hotel around the corner. But I tell you, I had my phone on the loudest ringing volume and Alex also had a number for the hotel and a direct line to the room. I can't say that I really slept, though - I slept with one eye open!

What happened when you woke up, Alex?

What was good was that I managed to sleep through the night but I woke up at about 5am with pains. I was straight on the phone to Steven.
Steven: I got the call and was by her side within 20 minutes.

Was it quite a long labour?

Steven: When I got there I was expecting her to be ready to go but we still had quite a few hours to pass. Her waters had broken while I was on the way to the hospital, so it was just basically getting there and being at Alex's side.

Were you scared, Alex?

I was a lot more scared this time. I was petrified in fact. It's because I knew I was going in, whereas when it just comes on you that's it and you have to get on with it. Also when you're induced it's supposed to be a lot more painful. Because I knew that, I was quite frightened.

Steven, did you feel bad knowing it was going to be that little bit more painful?

Once the pain started getting bad I did feel a bit guilty. At the beginning I knew she was okay with the pain because she's a brave girl and I knew she could handle it. But once the contractions started getting intense, I wanted to swap places and take the pain for her. I felt so guilty.

Was it worse this time, Alex?

It was really painful, yes. With Lilly I was in labour for eight hours but because I was dilating dead quick, the pain was just coming and coming. At one point I asked for some drugs because I really didn't think I could cope. But what I didn't know was how quickly it was all happening and that I was so far along. I was due to have an internal but everything was moving a lot quicker than they expected.

Did you panic at any point?

I was wriggling all over the bed. I was just thinking, I can't do it! I really thought I would have to have a Caesarean because the pain was so bad and it hurt so much. I just didn't think I was going to be able to do it.

Were you holding her hand, Steven?

She was squeezing my hand and at one point she said she was going to bite my ear off and I said: "Go on then!" I had images of me playing in the Cup Final with part of my ear missing!

Why did you want to bite his ear off, Alex?

He kept saying: "Squeeze my hand, squeeze my hand," and he put his head on my chest and I screamed: "I'll bite your your ear off," and he was just like: "Okay!" He kept saying he wished he could go through the pain instead of me and I was saying: "Yes, I wish you could as well!"

That was sweet of him...

Yes, but then he was saying: "Why are you whingeing! It's nothing - just push!" I was like: "Are you messing?" That's why it's women who have babies because men couldn't handle it!

Steven, did you feel helpless at all during the birth while Alex was going through such a lot of pain?

I actually spoke to Alex about this before she went in. Even though we'd been through it all before I asked her if there was anything she wanted me to do differently or anything I didn't do last time that she wanted me to do this time around. She just said that as long as I was there she'd be fine.

Did you have any drugs, Alex?

I was relieved because I didn't have to have an epidural. I really didn't want to have one so I just had gas and air and diamorphine in my leg.

When did it actually get to the point where you were actually pushing?

I got up to go to the toilet and I felt the head move down. There was a lot of pressure and I couldn't walk. The nurses had to come and lift me off the toilet. Then they put me back on the bed and I had her there and then. Two pushes and she was out.

That must've been a bit of a surprise...

Oh completely. But I think it was because I had stood up and walked around so the gravity had pushed her down. I was going: "I can't do it, I can't do it," but then she was there.

Did you hold the baby straight away?

They tried to put her on my chest but I asked if they could wipe her off first. They cleaned her up and then I held her, but when you've just given birth you're in a daze.

Steven, what was it like when the baby arrived and you found out you had another girl?

I was still worried for Alex because she'd been in so much pain. Once the baby was out and crying I still didn't know it was a girl because I was making sure Alex was all right. It was only when one of the widvives said it was a little girl that I looked at her. I was really happy again that it was a girl. I actually wanted a girl so Lilly had a little sister.

What did you think when you saw Lexie for the first time, Alex?

I just thought she looked exactly like Lilly did when she was born. It was like having Lilly all over again.

Steven, did you shed any manly tears?

I wasn't so emotional that I was going to cry, but on the inside I was really emotional. And I was so overwhelmed because of what Alex had been through.

You're a very glamorous girl, Alex, so we have to ask, did you wear make-up during the birth?

Oh yeah, I put make-up on before and some more afterwards!

Did you cut the cord, Steven?

I did with Lilly but the pain for Alex was more intense this time so I was taking care of her. I was really concerned for her.

It's become a tradition for a new mum to get a present from the father - did you get Alex anything special?

That's just a family tradition in this house every day - not just when there's a new baby [laughs]! I bought her a present after she had Lilly and I knew she had her eye on a watch that she was going to buy so I used some delaying tactics and bought it for her as a present for having Lexie.

You were up and about really quickly weren't you, Alex?

I know, I couldn't believe it myself. Last time I had stitches so it was totally different - the stitches made me feel terrible for weeks.

Steven, it must've been great for you to have all your girls home so quickly...

It was a bit unexpected. The doctor came to check on Lexie and Alex and he said she could stay overnight or go home, and Alex wanted me to take her home. It was amazing how smoothly it all went and how amazing Alex was looking. I think I looked like that one who'd been through labour!

Alex, how did you feel when you got home?

I was tired when I got back because I'd had the gas and air. I felt a bit woozy and dead fuzzy. But I went to bed for a couple of hours and I was fine.

You're looking very svelte, less than a week after the birth. Have you just snapped back into shape?

My tummy went down straight afterwards. Well, it's flat, but it's a way off being toned or anything. It's a bit wobbly but it'll take a while for the muscles to tighten up. I knew I'd go straight back because I did last time, but there was that worry in case I didn't. I didn't realise I'd go back to my normal shape so quickly, though.

How many dress sizes did you go up during the pregnancy?

I reckon I was probably a size 12 but I was wearing stretchy size 10 jeans towards the end. I've never weighed myself so I'm not sure how mush weight I gained nut I'd probably say about a stone and a half. To be honest, I don't like weighing myself - I just prefer to go by my clothes. I judge whether or not I have put on weight by how my clothes look and feel.

You said you were looking forward to getting back into your everyday jeans once the baby was born. Seeing as you managed that so quickly, is there anything else you've enjoyed wearing again?

I love being in my jeans again so I'm just wearing those every day with little tank tops - I've been made up because I was so sick to death of wearing baggy clothes.

Now Lexie is born are you going to be concentrating on the wedding?

I'm really excited about it now. Before I couldn't really organise anything and I really didn't know what I wanted. I wasn't really in the mood to think about it. But now Lexie's here I'll be able to start organising things properly and put some real effort into it.

How did you come up with the name Lexie?

Alex: I had thought about Alexa when Lilly was born and then a few months before the birth someone mentioned Lexie and that was it, I juts really liked it.
Steven: I'd picked a boy's name and Alex picked a girl's name. I know Alex loved Lexie and it's a bit like her name.

You went home very quickly with Lexie. Was Lilly excited to meet her little sister?

Steven: I was a bit nervous because a few people have said that the older child can get jealous and feel left out, but Lilly took it really well. She just wanted to hold her and be part of it. She was really jumping around trying to get involved. Even on our way home from the hospital my mum put Lilly on the phone and she was shouting Lexie's name.

Steven, you must've been pleased to have a few days to rest before your big match in Cardiff...

It was a relief really - from a totally selfish point of view - that Lexie was born and I still had a few days to get some sleep and get ready for the game. I lost out on a night's sleep, so it was good to have a few nights to catch up.

Your training must be very strict at the moment, considering the Cup Final and obviously the World Cup - surely sleepless nights and getting up to change nappies interupt that somewhat...

Rest and diet is really important but my family is more important. My manager gave me a week at home, which is really nice. I'm still getting up and getting involved in the night shifts.

Are you a hands-on dad?

I like helping out. I change nappies and do all the dirty work. It's good because I've got plenty of time to get loads of rest and still be with the baby.

It's only days after Lexie was born, so this may seem a little premature, but would you like more children?

Steven: I'd definitely like to have more children. Alex knows I'd like more kids but perhaps not in the short term. Once we get Lilly into school full-time and Lexie into nursery then we'll think about it.
Alex: I think it's something we'd have a think about in a few years. I'd think about having children when I'm slightly older, maybe when I'm 30.

What was the first thing you did to feel glamorous after Lexie was born, Alex?

I went to have my hair blow-dried. It was nice to do something normal and spoil myself. You don't feel particularly glamorous after giving birth so that was brilliant for making me feel like my old self again.

Will you go on a massive spending spree now you're not going to be shopping for maternity clothes any more?

I actualy bought quite a lot of stuff before I had the baby because I thought it might've gone by the time I had her! I've got most things I wanted now. But I'll be going shopping again very soon.

Alex, are you looking forward to spending time with the rest of the footballers' wives and girlfriends in Germany?

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the girls. I'm not sure how much I'll get to see them as I'll have Lilly and Lexie with me but I'm sure we'll get the chance to catch up for a good gossip.

Do you get on with Victoria Beckham?

Yes I do, we get on really well, she's lovely. We don't get the chance to see each other often but when we do she's really good company.

Will you be asking Victoria for any advice on multiple motherhood?

I'm sure when we get the chance to catch up I will, because she's a great mum.

You both were invited to the Beckhams' World Cup party. Tell us about that...

Alex: Victoria and David are great hosts. They came around and asked if we were having a good evening and we said yes because it was a really brilliant night. It was the first big event I've been to since Lexie was born and I had a wonderful time.

Steven, after the World Cup are you going to take some time out to be with the family?

I've arranged to get three and a half weeks off after the final because I want to spend some time with the girls. I'll be desperate to get home and have a family holiday.

Credit:
http://xsteviegerrardx.proboards78.com/

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:08

WORLD CUP

World Cup fever is gripping the nation and don’t we know it. Open any newspaper and you’ll see footballers staring right back at you. Of course, while we all adore those muscly hunks, we have to admit that we’re more interested in what the other halves of our England heroes are up to. And as we’ve seen already the girls haven’t wasted any time- getting down to some serious shopping at the swanky boutiques in Baden-Baden. Germany, snapping up designer sunglasses like they are going out of fashion. But what’s it really like being a footballers other half? Is it just like an episode of Footballers Wives? Is it endless bickering, pregnant doging and shopping? Or are the girls back at their hotel room knitting scarves and painting their nails? As the boys give it all on the pitch. Steven Gerrard’s fiancée Alex Curran reveals all about what it’s like to be going out with and England Hero. And to wish the England team the best of luck. Alex has teamed up with Vauxhall Tigra to primate their lucky charms. Fingers crossed they bring our squad some extra luck….

What advice would you give to any of our readers who aren’t interested in the World Cup?
I’d say get behind it. It’s for our country. We have to support our boys so they make it all the way through and hopefully bring home the cup. Even people who don’t watch much football, really get into the spirit, because we all want to support our own.

Were you a fan of football before you went out with Steven?
Not really. I’ve always supported Liverpool, but it was only when I started seeing Steven that I started to follow it and watched the matches. Actually, to be honest I only really watch Steven- I’m not watching anyone else on the pitch!

Surely you’d be too busy gossiping with the girls to be watching the game?
Not at all. I pay close attention, I really do. Though I have to admit I can get distracted, but I’m there to give Steven my support, so I pay as much attention as I can

But there must be a fair bit of chinwagging going on during the game….
When we see each other in the lounge we all have a good catch up and a gossip. I usually hang out with Shree Murphy- we don’t really go and meet for lunch like the girls in Footballers Wives but when there’s a game someone will organise a trip to the ground and we all just hang out. That’s when we get to have a laugh.

Do the girls try to out-do each other when it comes to wearing the best outfit?
Ha! No, none of us are like that! So much for you thinking we’re like Footballers Wives! Life isn’t like that. Its just normal lives, really.

So what does your normal day consist of?
When I don’t have the two kids with me, I’ll get up, get dressed and meet some friends for a bit of shopping, just like any other girl my age. Or I’ll just spend some time with my daughters.

With your two daughters, do you still get time to get pampered?
You know what? I don’t actually. But I’m not into spas or massages that’s really boring. The only kind of pampering I get is when I get my hair done. I get it washed and blown. And their not expensive like on Footballers Wives- it’s a normal hairdressers that I’ve been to for years.

Who is the most stylish of the footballer’s other halves?
They all have their own individual style. They all look good in their own way, so I can’t really pick one out.

What do you make of Coleen’s transformation into a style of icon?
She’s done really well, but she’s worked hard for it, so she deserves it. I’m really happy for her and I’d love to do something like that – who wouldn’t want to model for Vogue? But I’m not jealous. I’m really happy for her. I’m happy doing the fashion modelling that I’m doing at the moment.

Before you leave the house, do you worry about how you look, just in case the paparazzi snap you?
I wouldn’t say I do anything special, but I’m more conscious now. I’ve always made an effort when I go out. But I’ve never been too upset by any of the pictures that appear in the papers. It doesn’t bother me, really.

Now you’ve got quite a high profile, do you feel like a celebrity?
I find it strange that I’m in the papers and then I see Steven in there and I think, God he’s famous. But I do a newspaper column and I love doing that, I love fashion and I have such a great time doing it.

Do you make an extra effort to prove anyone wrong who thinks blondes are dumb?
No, I don’t think that at all. I think the people who say that are probably ugly and mousey brown!

What’s your secret to looking great?
I cleanse, tone and moisturise. I eat quite healthy anyway, because Steven has to eat healthily. So I mainly eat stuff like pasta and fish. I have never been on silly diets like the Atkins diet. To be honest, if I went on a diet I wouldn’t be able to stick with it.

Has being a mum changed your life?
It totally has. I love having children, it’s grounded me. I used to love a night out with my friends, but most of my pals have got kids now so everyone’s settled down. But I do still get to have night out on the town, as I have lots of help from my family.

Nikki in Big Brother says she wants to be a footballer’s boyfriend…..
I think she’s absolutely ridiculous. You can’t get into a relationship with a guy just because he’s a footballer. It’s all about being in love with someone because otherwise it just won’t last. To be honest, I never thought I’d be with a footballer.

Is it important to have your own life away from your boyfriend? Like being involved with the Vauxhall Tigra Luck Charms promotion….
Yes, it’s good to be able to do something like this because it’s my own thing. And who knows- these lucky charms that can go in your car might just help our boys bring home in the World Cup. They’re such a good idea, everyone should have one!

Have you given any of the other girls advice about life in the spotlight?
I just say: ‘Don’t let the paparazzi get to you. Let it wash over you.’ Its funny to be walking along the street with people taking your picture but you just forget about it. New girl Melanie Slade shouldn’t worry about it bad she should just enjoy the attention.

Now you’re in Germany, are you watching all the games?Oh yeah, I’m always at the stadium.

What’s Steven like after a game?
He’s fine. If he get’s a red card, he’ll have a cob on. But he’s on a high at the moment from his goal against Trinidad and Tobago.

Do you girls have their won footie kits?
Oh no, they’re too girlie for that. But Lilly wore one to the last game of the season when Steven walked her round the pitch. If they wanted to be footballers themselves I’d be right behind them, but I think they’ll want to do dancing or ballet. Lilly especially. I used to dance when I was younger.

Do you want a son?
Oh no, not now. I might one day, but I’m not sure when. Steven would like a boy, I think, but he’s not rushing me into it.

Are you dangerous with a credit card?
No, I’m very sensible. It depends on where you go- I still like to find a nice bargain.

You went to the Beckham’s Full Length And Fabulous Party- what was that like?
I had a great time. I wore a Roberto Cavalli Dress. Well’ actually it was a kaftan with a belt round it. I met Diddy it was wild!

Credit:
http://amyleescor4o.proboards55.com

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:10

Talking After The World Cup

Alex, there are some stories that you were involved in a fracas while out in Liverpool recently - what really happened?
Obviously it's a police matter now so I'm not able to discuss it. It's so upsetting and it's a terrible time. I can't wait for it to be sorted out.

Okay, let's move on. You must have had a lot of attention when you were in Germany with the other wives...
It was good. We had a real laugh. I can't say there was much to do of a day, though, so it could be quite boring. And it was quite hard work because I had both girls with me and Lexie was sick. But going to the games and everything was absolutely brilliant. The atmosphere was totally amazing.

Were all the wives maxing out their credit cards in Baden-Baden when you weren't with the players?
There was some okay shops out there but it wasn't anything too amazing. There seemed to be a lot of sales and stuff that looked ages old that had been brought up from the stock room. They knew we were coming!

Cheryl said recently that the WAG camp is very competitive and it's all about who has the best watch, best bag etc. Is that true?
That's not the impression I get. I don't think it's like that at all, to be honest.

There was also the insinuation that a lot of the WAGs just spend their partners' money while she earns her own. Do you think that paints a poor picture of the WAGs?
Yes it does a little bit. It's a shame because most of the girls do have careers, or if they don't they're full-time mums. But you could say that about the wives of any highly paid professionals, couldn't you? You could say the same thing about bankers' wives. But I suppose because we are in the public eye we get a lot more criticism.

Is there a pecking order among the WAGs?
I don't think there is. I suppose from the outside people would presume at the top is Victoria, but then she was the captain's wife and people look up to her because she's an extremely successful woman in her own right. But other than that I wouldn't say there's a pecking order.

Whats the atmosphere like when you're altogether?
When we get together we all just chatter away. On the way there we were all just excited to be going.

There was a story that you came home from Germany because you were being picked on by the other WAGs because of your eyebrows. Is that true?
(Laughs) I really don't know where on earth that story came from. I had always planned to come home in the middle because I'd only just had the baby. But that incident definitely didn't happen. I wouldn't let it. There were certain magazines that had a lot of untruths in them - where they got the stories I don't know, but at the end of the day it's all quite amusing.

A lot of the girls seemed to let their hair down in the bar and there were some pretty funny pictures. How come there was such a wild atmosphere?
There was nothing to do of a day!

It seemed as though Victoria and Cheryl separated themselves from the rest of the wives a little - was that the case?
Well they're friends, so of course they're going to spend time together. The thing is that when you're in a big group you do stay with the people you're closest to. I always spend more time with Coleen and Nicola Carragher. But obviously if Victoria and Cheryl spend time together, they're going to get photographed so it's going to seem a bit like that.

Your wedding isn't far off, did you get involved in any conversations with Cheryl and Victoria about their weddings?
No, not really. They both had amazing wedding days so I'm sure they'd be good people to chat to nearer the time.

What did you think of Cheryl and Ashley's nuptials?
I saw it in OK! - it looked amazing. They must have had a lovely day.

After how close Cheryl and Victoria seemed when you were away, we were surprised the Beckham's couldn't make it...
This happens a lot with summer weddings because footballers don't get much holiday so they tend to pre-book their breaks a long way in advance. That sometimes means they can't make weddings unfortunately.

What's this story about a WAGs clothing boutique?
Steven was asking me about this today actually. I've been approached with this TV idea, but I've decided not to get involved. And there was also a story about me opening a shop - I don't know where half of these things come from!

There was an undercover reporter trying to get the scoop on what all of you were up to in Germany - you spotted her, though, didn't you?
She was quite scary. She had this long blonde wig on and every time we were in town we saw her. I was there one afternoon and Coleen and her mate came over, and we turned around and this girl was right next to us listening in. We were like: 'What's she doing?'

You were surrounded by paparazzi all the time, weren't you?
It was just ridiculous the attention everyone got. You couldn't even go out on your balcony because there were seven or eight photographers just standing there waiting. It was just a joke.

They got a picture of you smoking on the balcony, didn't they?
Do you mean the one when I'm laughing my head off? That just goes to show you! You couldn't even go on the balcony for a breath of fresh air without getting your picture taken.

Getting recognised when you go out must be a regular occurrence now...
People do come up sometimes when I'm on a night out. They might come over and ask for a photograph. I don't mind that. Sometimes people will ask for autographs, though, and I just say that I don't do them. I don't want to sound rude but I don't want to sign autographs because it's just not me. I'm not the famous one - it's Steven.

You've become quite famous in your own right now, though. You're not just Steven Gerrard's fiancee any more...
Yes that has changed, I suppose. Sometimes when I'm walking through somewhere busy like an airport or club I'll hear people saying my name. Sometimes I hear 'Alex!' - and it always makes me laugh when I hear a group of lads say something like: 'Look, there's Gerrard's bird!'

Sadly England didn't come home with the World Cup. How was Steven on the way home?
I thought he'd be worse than he was. But we had a holiday booked and I think because he has something to look forward to he was more relaxed about it.

Credit

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:12

MODELLING THE NEW OK! RANGE
STEVIE G'S GIRL ON BEING AN ICON AND HER PROBLEM WITH JAMELIA

Alex Curran has without a doubt become one of our country's leading style queens. Effortlessley chic, Alex, 24, has the innate ability to be that one step ahead of the fashion game - predicting the next trends and wearing them beautifully. And what's more impressive is that she manages it all while looking after her two daughters, Lexie, five months, and Lilly-Ella, two, and managing to attend most of her fiance Steven Gerrard's football fixtures.
So she's the perfect girl to model our first show of the exclusive OK! Boutique collection, exclusive to Debenhams. Three of our best-loved home-grown designers have used OK! magazine as their muse to create exclusive ranges that will satisfy every fashionista's style needs. Gem by Bracher Emden - from designers David Brache and Richard Emden - is a range of clutches, shoulder bags and purses. Charming by Tracey Boyd is a range of bags and winter warmers using cute and quirky charms to adorn handbags and soft accessories. while A.M.Y by Amy Morris compromises oversized totes, practical shoulder bags, purses and clutches in tomato red, jet black, brown, dark green and aubergine. The collection will launch in Debenhams on Octoer 9th and mark OK!'s pertnership with the department store giant.
Here we talk to Alex about the OK! Boutique, her fashion philosophies and why she prefers some celebrities to certain others...

How does it feel to be a muse?
I'm very proud. And I really liked doing the shoot with all the bags and things. I didn't know what they were going to be like. I'd seen a few pictures but I was really suprised when I saw everything in the same place - everything is so gorgeous.

What's your favourite piece from the OK! Boutique collection?
I really liked the little clutches by Bracher Emden. they've got lots of little beads and they're metallic. I liked the little charms by Tracey Boyd - they were very Matthew Williamson - and the tote bags by Amy Morris.

Are accessories the secret to staying ahead of the fashion game?
Accessories can totally change an outfit. They can make or break it basically. If you wear a white vest top and jeans it's a really classic look but you can change it and make it look much more current if you put beads and a big bangle with it. Something as simple as that can really dress it up.

You've just been over to LA - did you get some major shopping done?
I did a lot of shopping over there. I went to this one place called Madison where people like Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton go shopping.

Did you see many famous faces when you were out and about?
I saw loads of people. I was quiote starstruck when I saw Jessica Simpson - she's just as gorgeous in the flesh as she is on screen. I saw Kimberly Stewart, Orlando Bloom and Cris Judd. It was all in one day aswell so it was really bizarre!

Did you meet any of them?
I ended up bumping into Kimberly Stewart and saying hello. she's a really sweet girl. But everyone else I was just having a good look at!

What does Orlando look like in the flesh?
He's really nice. He's not my type but he is good looking. He looks exactly the same as he does on the tellu. He's got a Johnny Depp vibe about him.

You're a bit of a shopping expert - how does it compare to the UK?
It's different. I didn't really get many clothes in LA. There was an awful lot to choose frome but for the most part i bought loads of accessories and shoes over there. In that department there's definatley a lot more choice. I bought loads of shoes actually. Apart from the fact I bought quite a lot of jeans I didn't buy too much. Lots of shoes though, loads of them!

Did your girls Lilly-Ella and Lexie do well out of your trip?
They did actually - they always do! I got them some Ralph Lauren clothes because it works out to be a lot better value over there. And I got them some shoes and things like that. I can't help myself - I love buying them bits and pieces when I'm out shopping.

You've had a sneak preview at OK! Boutique - are you excited to see the store?
People are going to love it. It's going to look great because there's so much to choose from and everything is so different. I think people will be really excited when they go in store and see it. And the designs are really amazing and they're good value too.

You have plenty of admirers who love your fashion sense - do you feel like a style icon?
It's very flattering that people like the things I wear. I'm obviously doing something right!

Unlike some celebrities, you never set out to become this style icon...
In the beginning I got an awful lot of bad press for what I wore but I've since found out that even when the papers wre slating me off for wearing Juicy Couture tracksuits, a lot of girls my age were buying them. Whether that was because I was pictured in them I don't know.

But you've said on a few occasions that you made a real effort to be more sophisticated. Did you consult a stylist?
I just did it myself. I didn't have a plan or anything and speak toa stylist or anything like that. I just thoguht that I should change how I was dressing because I'm a mum and I'm a bit older. And because the papers weren't all that nice to me. I'd love to have a stylists though - that would be so much easier.

At New York Fashion Week, Victoria Beckham wore eight outfits in three days - are you prone to changing a lot?
Not really. If I get dressed in the morning I'll stay in that outfit for the whole day unless I'm going out for dinner or something. To be honest, that's why accessories are so good because you can glam yourself up really easily for a night out.

Jamelia did an interveiw recently where she made some quite unflattering comments about you. They must have been upsetting...
Yes it was. I couldn't beleive it. I have never met her but she accused me of getting by on three grapes a day, suggesting I'm anorexic or something. She said she was disgusted she even knew my name. It's because I'm engaged to one of the most famous footballers in the country. I can't help that. She'll be glad to know I don't even know her boyfriends name but Steven thinks he's lower than a non-league player. I heard she was on some lads' football programme last week taking the mickey out of her boyfriend. If she's prepared to do that then I suppose anyone's an easy target.

How come we didn't see you in the front row at London Fashion Week?
I wish I was in the front row! It's a bit awkward to get down to London with the kids but next time definatley. I'm going to go to Paris for a couple of shows actually. And I might go to some shows in January with my friend Anneli.

Now you're a muse, it's only a matter of time before you take to the catwalk, surely?
Probably not! Maybe after a glass or two of champagne to calm my nerves. If someone askked me, maybe. I suppose it would depend what it was. Actually, I probably would do it. I'm just quite worried because knowing me I'd go flying off the end of the runway!

Credit:

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:14

DECEMBER

Alex Curran is giggling to herself. Talk on this exclusive fashion shoot has just turned to weddings and the bride-to-be has come over all joy and admits: 'The wedding's not that far away now and I'm getting a bit nervous.' But in the same breath she admits: 'I'm dead excited, though.'
Alex, 24, has made the trip down from Liverpool to London for this Biba-inspired shoot and admits she's feeling pretty smug at having Christmas all tied up: 'I've practically finished all my Christmas shopping. I'm just going to have a look round London for a few bits before I go back.'
The last year has been a busy one for Alex. She's had her second baby, daughter Lexie, who was born in May, accompanied her fiance Steven Gerrard to Germany for the World Cup and established herself as a style icon to boot!
Here Alex looks back on 2006, looks forward to her Summer 2007 wedding, and tells us why she'll be finding Victoria Beckham under her Christmas tree...

Alex, you spoke out against size zero models recently. As someone in the public eye have you ever felt any pressure to lose weight?
I've never felt any pressure at all but I'm really happy with the way I am and I wouldn't change it. I definitely wouldn't like to be any skinnier than I am. And I think I'm confident enough in myself so I don't feel pressure to be a certain size. But there are some people out there who do and that's the worrying thing.

Lots of Celebs are revealing they've suffered from eating disorders - have you?
No! You're kidding aren't you? I've got a very healthy appetite. I've never come across anything like that in my life.

Victoria Beckham has been criticised for always looking as though she's on the catwalk - has she taken fashion too far?
Not at all. I think she's a style icon and everyone knows her for her fashion sense and how amazing she looks.

The outfit she wore to Tom and Katie's wedding didn't go down to well...
I thought she looked really nice. She was going to a movie stars wedding and she dressed for it! I thought she outshone everyone else who was there - even Jennifer Lopez. I did love the little skirt and jacket she wore to the pre-wedding dinner the night before. I thought that was absolutely gorgeous. She looked stunning in that.

Have you read 'That Extra Half An Inch - Hair, Heels and Everything In Between' ?
I haven't read it yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Steven or my Mum buys it for me for Christmas.

Like Victoria you've also spent time in LA this year. Would you go and live out there?
When I was out there I felt like I was on the other end of the world. I got proper homesick. But I did love it. It was good fun. I think everyone's quite image obsessed and competitive. It's very much about what you look like and what you're wearing. It's very different from home, that's for sure.

Victoria has made some A-list pals over there. Who would you like to go out for a few drinks with?
I really like Paris Hilton. There's something about her that I just really like. She goes out, has a good time and she just seems like a really fun, nice girl. She's her own woman and she seems very independent.

Closer to home, fellow WAG Suzi Walker has very publicly split from her husband Ian after he ran off with someone else. Do you know Suzi?
I met her a couple of years ago in La Manga and I thought she was really nice. She's a lovely woman. But I have read about what's happened in the papers and it can't be very nice. It's such a shame and I wish her all the best.

Considering Steven's the vice-captain of the England Squad, and given your popularity too, we're surprised we don't see more pictures of you two out and about...
Because Steven works so much we can't always be going out on the town or anything like that. When we do go out we tend to stay close to home and it's quite a quiet area so we don't get bothered - we definitely don't get photographed.

Do you avoid the big clubs and restaurants in Liverpool for that reason?
We don't really go out in Liverpool that often because if we did Steven would be hounded. But if he wants a big night out on the town or anything he'll go out with his mates.

Does it worry you when he goes out that other girls will try to seduce him?
You always get the odd girl that tries it on, even when I'm there, but I trust him so I don't worry about it.

When you go out with your girlfriends in Liverpool, are other girls funny with you?
There are girls who I see and you can tell they are saying something but I don't worry about them.

Do you think the fact that you turn up in the latest designer outfits brings out the green-eyed monster in them?
Maybe, but I wouldn't change what I wear because of it. Unfortunately, there are jealous people everywhere and I try not to take too much notice of it.

You and Steven had your second child this year, but a lot of celebrities have been adopting. Would you consider it?
I've got my hands full with Lilly-Ella and Lexie but I really admire and respect people who adopt. Perhaps if i wasn't fortunate enough to have my own children, it's something I'd definitely consider.

You've had much more attention from the press this year. Why do you think that is?
I've taken on more work commitments and things like my style column in a daily paper are going to generate more interest. it's been a great year though - so much has happened and I've really enjoyed it.

You're getting married next summer. Are you excited?
Yes, I've more or less planned everything now. I've picked a dress, although I'm going to Paris in January to see the new collections, just in case something else takes my fancy. The only things I haven't done are organise the entertainment and do the food tasting, which I'm really looking forward to! But I am getting nervous. It's weird to think I'm going to be Alex Gerrard this time next year!

Credit:

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:16

Paris Ok Shoot!

Gorgeous Alex Curran is often seen out and about on shopping trips in Liverpool but it never hurts to broaden your shopping horizons, so OK! Thought it would be simply magnifique to spend a weekend shopping in Paris. The chic city offered Alex and her friend Anneli a selection of designer boutiques, including Dior, Fendi, Channel, Chloe and Alex’s favourite Roberto Cavalli to name just a few. Here, 22-year-old Alex puts down her purchases, orders a coffee and a pastry and talks to OK! About life with England star Steven Gerrard, being a style icon and why she doesn’t really care about the offside rule

Have you been to Paris before?

No it’s my first time. I think its lovely. Everyone looks really chic. It’s bigger than I expected – I thought it would be quiet small, and the shops are fantastic, there’s just so much choice. And the restaurants are amazing too!

What is your favourite landmark?

The Eiffel Tower, definitely. It looks dead gorgeous at night when it’s all lit up.

It’s a very romantic city – do you think you’ll come back here with Steven?

Probably not, actually. We tend to go away for a week when he gets time off, so it’s always somewhere hot so we can go to the beach and stuff like that. But if he gets a couple of days off then it would be nice to come back. I’d rather come back with the girls for some more shopping to be honest.

What did you buy in Paris?

I’m really happy with my purchases. We’ve got a few nice bits. The Avenue Montaigne is really glamorous, but the best shops – where we found Chloe and Roberto Cavalli – were on the Rue du Faubourg-St-Honore. Avenue Montaigne was beautiful and has amazing shop on it but we came away with the best stuff from St-Honore.

How much shopping did you get done?

We were out from 10am until 8pm just shopping! My arms were covered in dents and bruise from all the bags I was carrying – my bags were that heavy. I had to buy a different top because it was so hot so I could stay out for another few hours. I couldn’t even walk at the end – we had to get a taxi back to the hotel.

Do you get to travel around the world with Steven?

I’ve been to a few places, but with Steven it’s hard because he only gets four weeks off a year. We’ve got a place in Portugal, so we tend to go there a lot of the time because it’s only a two-hour flight. I went to Monaco for the first tome the other week with Steven for a game and I really liked that, but the shops weren’t as good as Paris.

What’s your favourite place you’ve been to?

Probably Dubai. The weather there is really beautiful and I’ve always enjoyed our holidays out there. New York is lovely as well.

Where do you think the best shopping is?

Probably London. There’s so much choice and the shops are a lot bigger than they are in Liverpool, and there’s a lot of little boutiques.

If you landed in any city in the world, what would be the first shop you’d look for?

Cavalli. I love Cavalli. I don’t know – I just think everything in the shop is gorgeous. It’s just my style and is really easy to wear. You can make them really dressy or be quite laid back with it. I’m obsessed with Cavalli.

You’re becoming a style icon. Do you notice people following your example?

Not really. I think everyone has the same sort of idea now anyway with the whole boho thing.

So you don’t think of yourself a fashion icon?

I’m not, am I? I really don’t think I am but I’m more than flattered if anyone would think that!

Do any of the girls in Liverpool come up to you for advice when you’re shopping?

No. Liverpool girl are really stylish anyway. They really look after themselves. They always wear nice clothes and look dead nice.

Coleen Mcloughlin was spotted shopping in Primark – do you ever leave the designer shops to go to places like that?

Yes. The only reason I’ve never been to Primark is because there isn’t one near where I live. There’s one over the water in Manchester. I saw a girl the other night in Manchester wearing this amazing skirt and I asked her where it was from and she said it was Primark. And I’ve seen loads of stuff in magazines recently that I’ve liked and they’ve all been Primark.

Do you but stuff for Steven when you go on a shopping spree?

I used to buy lots of presents for him but I stopped because every time I’d bring it home he’d already have it. Or he wouldn’t like it or it would be the wrong size. In the end I just thought I’d leave him to it. If he wants something he’ll go straight out and but it. He’ll ask for something for Christmas and I’ll get it for him but he would have gone out and bought it already. What I’m really bad at is being so made up with what I’ve bought for him that I end up showing him before. I’ll ask him if he wants to have a look and he’ll say no, and I’ll be like: "go on!"

Who are your style icons?

Kate Moss, I really like her style. I like Jessica Simpson’s style too. Sometimes she looks gorgeous but there are times when she looks mad! I do like the way she dresses, though.

A lot of people compare you to Paris Hilton…

Paris Hilton was my style icon, but know I’ve changed my style a bit she isn’t as much any more. I’ve matured a little bit in my style whereas Paris is still quite bright and pink.

Do you try to make sure Steven doesn’t go out looking anything but gorgeous?

No. He’s quite laddy and he likes his style to be quite classic. He’s teased me a few times saying he’ll grow his hair and dye it blond but he’s just messing.

Does your daughter Lilly-Ella like shopping?

She’s definitely going to be like me. She’s in my handbag every five minutes and she’ll walk around the house holding my handbag pretending to be shopping. It’s hilarious. She’s a proper little girl now; she’s looking like a little lady. She’s started picking up my mobile and walking around the house going: "yeah, what" and then really laughing. It’s so funny.

Do you watch all of Steven’s games – and do you know the offside rule?

I usually watch the games on TV. He sometimes tests me and I’ll have a go but then I’ll give up and tell him I’m not really bothered. None of the other girls know it. All you need to know is who’s scoring. As long as he knows what the offside rule is, that’s the important thing!

Paris is famous for it’s amazing cuisine – have you been eating pastries since you arrived?

I had a few for my breakfast and they’re delicious. But we haven’t had much time to eat pastries because we’ve been concentrating too hard on shopping!

Would you be worried about putting on weight if you spend more than a weekend eating a pastry diet?

Maybe, but to be honest I think I’d burn off all the extra calories walking around the shops.

Credit:

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:17

PREGNANCY EXCLUSIVE - DECEMBER 2005

Congratulations on the pregnancy. There have been rumours for a while now that you were expecting - why have you stayed quiet for so long?

Alex: The reason I kept it quite was because I didn’t really want to say anything straight away just in case. I wanted to make sure everything was okay with the baby before I confirmed it.

Was it a planned pregnancy, Steven?
It wasn’t planned as such, but we were practising!

Alex: It wasn’t planned at all. When I was shooting with OK! in Paris in September, I kept waking up dead early in the morning and my stomach felt like a washing machine, but I didn’t think anything of it. It was only when I got home and I was late that I thought I could be pregnant.

When did you find out for sure?
Alex: I just kept saying to Steven that I hadn’t come on and he’d been away loads so it didn’t make sense that I could be pregnant. It was dead weird because I ended up doing a test. I did it on a Sunday and I came out of the loo and was almost crying with shock because I just couldn’t believe it.

What was Steven’s reaction when you told him the news?
He was going: ‘Shut up,’ and I was going: ‘ What am I gonna do?’ and he was saying: ‘It’s alright!’

Steven: At first I was thinking about whether I’d be around or not because of the World Cup. Obviously the baby is more important, but I knew from when she told me that it would be due either during or just before.

How are you feeling, Alex?
I feel fine but the first few months I was really tired and I couldn’t keep my eyes open at all. I looked awful all the time because I was so pale. But now my three months have gone I feel fine and I’ve got loads of energy.

Has Lilly-Ella cottoned on to the fact that she’s going to have a brother or sister?
She’s worked it out and we’ve told her that there will be a new baby soon. She keeps patting my belly, which is dead cute. She keeps kissing my belly and going: ‘Ah, bubba.’

Have you any idea what sex the baby is?
Alex: I don’t want to know. It takes the surprise away so I’d rather not know. I think it’s better to have a surprise.
Steven: I want to know but Alex wont let me find out and she has to agree, so I guess it will be a surprise for me too.

Would you like a boy so you can start your own five-a-side team, Steven?
I’m easy. If I was to get another girl who turned out like Lilly then I’d be happy, but if we have a boy that’s great too. I’ll be able to put some nets up in the garden then.

Have you had any cravings, Alex?
Not up to now, but ever since I was pregnant with Lilly I’ve had a sweet tooth. When I was expecting with her I had a real thing for cakes and sweets, and I’m getting a little bit of that again.

Have you had sympathy cravings, Steven?
None whatsoever. Maybe the odd piece of banoffee pie but that has nothing to do with Alex being pregnant!

Are you planning a natural birth like last time, Alex?
I am, but I know what to expect so I’m actually more scared this time. I wouldn’t have a Caesarean if I didn’t have to have one. I’d rather have the baby and be able to get back to normal as soon as possible and that’s not possible after a Caesarean. It just delays you and you cants do things like lift the baby or drive, and as Lilly will be two I’ll need to be able to get around and look after her.

You’ve become a bit of a style icon. Are you going to do a Victoria Beckham and wear ponchos during the pregnancy, or will you flaunt your bump?
I think it looks nice when you’ve got a bump. I wouldn’t wear anything that would hide it. I wouldn’t wear a crop top or anything and have it sticking out, though. I think that looks dead tacky.

Are you going to follow Victoria’s example and zip back to your normal dress size in record time after the birth?
I would like to go back to normal straight away. It did fall off me quite quickly anyway. You lose lots of weight anyway with a new baby because you’re constantly running around after them.

You’ve had your boobs done - would you have a post-pregnancy tummy tuck?
If I didn’t get back to normal and I couldn’t lose it by exercising and I’d tried everything else and I wasn’t happy, then yes I would. I’m quite young, though, and I’m always busy so hopefully it’ll be easy to get back into shape, but I wouldn’t do it without first trying to exercise.

Steven, did you get the bumps from your team-mates when you told them Alex was pregnant?
The bumps don’t really happen anymore. Its more a handshake and a congratulations and a bit of stick that you’re not a ‘jaffa’. You do get all the sarcastic ones saying: ‘Is it definitely yours>‘, but that’s a gang of men for you!

Do you like it when Alex is pregnant, Steven?
It’s good because she doesn’t pressure me to take her out all the time! When she’s not pregnant she’s always wanting to do stuff and complains that I don’t take her anywhere, but now she’s not interested and tells me to go out on my own. It’s great.

Surely you’re being more attentive…
Alex: He’s dead helpful and he’ll get the baby up in the morning so I can sleep. It’s a bit hard because he’s away a lot.

With another baby on the way, it was the perfect time to move home. How did you find this place?
Alex: We’d been looking for something for a little while and this one come on the market. We both came to see it and we both just fell in love with it straight away.

And it’s beautifully decorated…
It’s a brand new house so when we moved in it was just a black canvas, which was perfect was. We were really happy with how the interior was done in our place in Portugal so we brought the same people over here to do the same - its just on a slightly larger scale.

What’s your biggest luxury?
The pool and the steam room. It’s nice to have somewhere to chill out. But the house is a luxury too, because there’s so much space. And though it’s big it still feels really homely and comfortable. It means that we can have the friends and family round and there is always somewhere to entertain them. That’s why we’ve asked the family round for Christmas Day.
Steven: And it’s a chance for Alex to use the new kitchen!

Steven, do you have a lot of the team over for a bit of relaxation in the pool and steam room?
Not so much. I see them at the club but when I have friends round we’ll jump in. when they come over it definitely gets its use.

Who came up with the idea for Lilly’s princess room?
Alex: It was my idea because I wanted it to be really girlie and princessy. It’s her first grown-up room - she’s got a grown-up bed and I’ve put a lot of stuff in it that will see her through for a few years at least. She loves it.

It wont be long before you have two children. Does this mean the wedding is on its way?
Steven: yeah, we’re getting married in the summer of 2007. It would have been 2006 but with the World Cup I’ve got an extra year to change my mind! No, Im only kidding. Im really looking forward to it and whatever Alex wants she can have.

Have you made any plans yet?
We’re juts beginning to think about it at the moment. Nothing is confirmed but we’re getting a lot of ideas together. It’s dead hard to find somewhere you like and we’ve still got to decide on a date, which is a nightmare.

Will you invite David and Victoria Beckham to the nuptials?
Of course they’ll be invited. They’ve invited us to christenings and to their home so the least I can do is return the favour. We’d love David and Victoria to be there.

Will you have a big fairy-tale wedding like Jordan and Peter?
Alex: It probably will be as big, because we’ve got loads of family and friends but it wont be as fairy-tale.

With a baby on the way, a wedding to organise and the World Cup looming, you must be looking forward to Christmas. What are your plans?

Alex: I’m doing the dinner here but I’m not doing it on my own. My mum’s going to help me. There’s going to be loads of people, about 12, so I’m going to need some help. I’ve already ordered the turkeys and a beef joint for lunch.

Steven: I think my mum and Alex’s mum will end up doing most of the cooking. We’re normally round at other people’s houses on Christmas, so as we’ve moved now we decided to return the favour.

If Alex is cooking, will you be carving the bird and making the gravy, Steven?

I’m doing nothing. I’m going to sit back and enjoy my lunch. I’ll stay out of the way and leave it to the women. I’m sure they’ll serve up a good one.

Have you got some surprises in store for your girls?
Lilly’s going to have loads of surprises because we love to spoil her rotten. And of course I’m doing something special for Alex but I’m keeping it under wraps.

It must be east to get carried away when you’re Christmas shopping…
Alex: For myself or for other people? I like getting my mum lots of nice bits and pieces and there are so many nice little things for little girls that I’m always getting Lilly loads of stuff. It’s all so pretty, she wants it all.

Is Christmas this year proving to be more fun now Lilly’s older and more aware what’s happening?
Alex: She’s excited because she’ll be around her toys and she’ll be at home. It’s the first proper family Christmas so she’s bound to be excited.
Steven: Last year she didn’t really know what was happening but she’s got more of an idea now. When she sees her presents she knows what to do. I don’t really enjoy Christmas as much as I used to when I was a kid, but it’s different now and I’m looking forward to it for her.

Will the fact you’re playing on Boxing Day interfere with your Christmas celebrations?
I am really busy with the football schedule, and because of the game I’ll be staying in a hotel on Christmas night. I’ll be with Lilly and Alex in the morning and that’s when we’ll open our presents. Then I’ll have to whiz off for training and then come back for lunch. To be fair to the club, though, they keep it short because they know we want to get back to our families.

How do you feel about being called the new Posh and Becks?

Steven: It’s a compliment to be compared to people like them but obviously there’s only one David and Victoria. They’re very special people.

Credit:

lfc7923
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 13:19

STEVEN GERRARD AND ALEX CURRAN
OK! JOINS THE LIVERPOOL CAPTAIN AND HIS BEAUTIFUL BRIDE FOR THE STAR-STUDDED FAIRY-TALE WEDDING

Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran's wedding has been the subject of months of feverish speculation. There have been wild rumours about Alex's couture dress, endless gossip about the star-studded reception and no end of chatter about how the most anticipated wedding of the year would look. Now it's time for all the speculation, rumours, chatter and gossip to end. Because every beautiful photograph, each precious moment and all the details you've been wondering about for months are right here on these pages.
Alex Curran and Steven Gerrard tied the knot in a beautifully romantic ceremony, surrouned by their closest friends and family. Steven, 27, may be one of England's most accomplished and best-loved sporting heroes, and Alex, 24, is unquestionably a style icon of our time but on this day they were simply a loving couple who in they own words were taking their four-year relationship 'to the next level'.
After months of extensive searching, Alex and Steven chose the glorious location of Cliveden House in Berkshire. The stunning stately home, an Italianate mansion that sits in 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland, was exactly what the gorgeous couple were looking for in a venue for their big day. As well as playing host to this very high-profile wedding, Cliveden has also accommodated famous names including George I, Charlie Chaplin, former Prime Minister Winston Churchill and, most scandalously, John Profumo and Christine Keeler. Wedding planner Paul Feather of Feathers Hotel & Catering Group told OK!: "Alex and Steven had several ideas of the venues they wanted and because of their popularity they needed to choose somewhere that gave them exclusivity. After flying to Ireland, and travelling the length and breadth of Britain, they then discovered Cliveden.
The venue wasn't just playing host to a wedding day - Alex and Steven had planned a three-day extravaganza to include pre-wedding activities and family dinner the day before, the day itself and then a post-wedding barbeque. The fun started on Thursday evening when Alex and Steven travelled from their home in Formby to the grand estate. On arrival they checked into the Lady Astor suite in the main house - a sprawling suite complete with a huge balcony, al fresco dining table, and panoramic views over the grounds, the Thames and beyond.
The formalities really started when guests - including Steven's former Liverpool team-mate and current Tottenham Hotspur midfield dynamo Danny Murphy - arrive at lunchtime the next day for a game of golf with the groom and a small group of close friends. Meanwhile, Alex and her best friends - including her close confidant Anneli Marshall, who oversaw the final touches in the marquee with the bride - headed for the spa for pedicures. Just before she arrived for her file and polish Alex told OK!: "I've been terrible today. I've been okay but as soon as we got here last night it hit me and I keep getting teary."
After a game of golf, which Steven said took his mind off his pre-wedding nerves, and Alex's relaxing pedicure, the couple enjoyed their final meal together with friends and family. But there was a curfew; keen to keep to tradition, Alex and Steven decided to spend their last night apart so while Alex slept in the Lady Astor Suite, Steven spent the night in the Mountbatten Suite in another win of the mansion.
On Saturday 16th Une, Alex Curran woke up knowing she would see the day out as Mrs Steven Gerrard. wjile Alex and her bridesmaids prepared and Steven and his best man, Jonathon Boggan, slipped into their suits, a host of friends, family and celebrity guests made their way to the main house for the reception. Steven's England team-mate Michael Owen and his blooming wife Louise joined fellow footballing couples Sheree Murphy and Harry Kewell, Joanna and Danny Murphy, Nicola and Jamie Carragher, Robbie and Kerry Fowler, and Jamie and Louise Redknapp, in the reception area where guests enjoyed flutes of Lareunt-Perrier Rose as well as a variety of wines and soft drinks.
All of the footballers' wives set a very high fashion standard in a selection of designer gowns. Former Emmerdale star Sheree wore a beautiful Marchesa dress, telling OK!: "I've just come back from a shopping trip in New York and I found this dress - I love it!" Naturally, Sheree teamed her new purchase with a classic pair of black Christian Louboutin heels. Louise Redknapp, who underwent a dramatic and brave transformation in her show The Truth About Size Zero, also chose Louboutin heels, which she teamed with an effortlessly chic Stella McCartney dress. Cutting a gorgeous figure in a Jenny Packham dress was Joanna Taylor-Murphy, who told OK!: "Alex and Steven are so lovely. Danny I wouldn't have missed this."
Shortly after two o'clock, guests were summoned into the hall where the cermemony would take place. Pauline Feather of Feathers Hotel Group had designed exquisite floral displays to create a beautifully romantic atmosphere. She told OK!: "When I spoke To Alex about the sort of things she wanted, she had a very clear idea. She didn't want anything flamboyant and it was always creams and greens for the colour scheme. She was always very clear about that." Far from a formal hall in a stately home, Alex and Pauline's vision transformed the room into what looked like an enchanted glade in full springtime bloome. It was an intoxicating vision that all the guests were in awe of when they saw it for the first time. All of the 200 seats were draped in cream cloths tied with a simple large cream organza bow. At the end of each row was a large storm lantern, somplete with cream rose petals and a large burning church candle, which led the way down the cream carpeted aisle. At the fireplace at the far end of the hall a small stage was erected which Alex and Steven would stand on during the cermemony. Lined with ivy, bordered with fresh cream Boeing roses and orchids, it was the pergect frame for such an event. Pauline Feather explained: "The fireplace was the backdrop for the ceremony and it was important for it to look just right. I allowed 4,000 flowers just to dress this area. At each side of the stage we've placed large urns with trailing icy and large cream Boeing roses." As guests filed in and took their seats, they all enjoyed the surroundings that Pauline had created as the intoxicating cent of roses filled the room.
After guests made themselves comfortable, Steven made his arrival from the West Wing of the house, accompanied by his best man Jonathon Boggan. Steven is no stranger to nerve-wracking events. He has 57 caps for England, scoring 12 goals, has played nearly 400 games for Liverpool FC, whom he captains, and has won a Champions League winners' medal. Earlier this year he was even honoured by Her Majesty the Queen as part of the New Year's honours list. However, the sort of cool, calm and collected demeanour that Steven has become famous for seemed to slip a little as he waited for Alex's imminent arrival.
All eyes looked expectantly to the staircase but it wasn't just Steven who probably thought it was taking a while for Alex to come down the stairs. What we found out later is that just as she heard the music, Alex's emotions took over and she began to cry. Tissues were hastily offered so a trail of mascara wouldn't stain her perfectly made-up face and the short delay was soon over.
There were many gasps and "oohs" coming from the guests when Alex came into view. The speculation was over and the dress that had been so talked about was finally here. Discovered after accepting an invitation to see his couture show in Paris, Alex set her heart on the Elie Saab gown and had clear ideas about how she wanted to customise the creation. The couture dress was made of satin and tulle with over 20 metres of satin and 55 metres of tulle used to create the final effect. Alex's train was a perfect three metres long and her veil measured five metres. The dress itself with it's figure hugging shaping and beautifully tailored skirt was enough to dazzle but the 19,000 Swarovski crystals really lit up the room. Eight seamstresses worked on the embroidery and their efforts certainly paid off! So as not to hide the dress, Alex chose a simple bouqet of three long-stem cream roses tied together with cream georgette ribbon.
Alex has enlisted celebrity make-up genius Gary cockerill, who also tended to Jordan's make-up on her wedding day, to make her look just how she wanted. Gary told OK!: "We discussed several different looks for the day. Because the dress is couture, Alex was quite keen, initially, to go for something less dramatic." Pleased with the final result, Gary proudly surveyed his work telling OK!: "She looks absolutely beautiful."
And everyone agreed. Some brides want to look like fairy-tale princesses on their wedding day, others simple and elegant, and in her perfect dress Alex looked like a runway model, although she chose a slow walk rather than a hip-thrusting sashay for her journey down the aisle, accompanied by her mother Kim Clayton.
As mother and daughter walked down the aisle they gave eachother a knowing look. It was a proud moment for Kim, and for Alex this was the culmination of all her wedding wishes coming true. Preceeding Alex down the aisle were her bridesmaids, close friends Kelly Farleym Liz Gaunt and Rachel Wilson. The gorgeous girls wore champagne-coloured silk georgette empire line gowns with silver and crystal panelling and embroidery, custom made by Philip Armstrong of Philip Armstrong Couture, and carried cream rosebuds tied with georgette cream ribbons that were studded with diamante Swarovski crystals. With them were four flower girls, Alex and Steven's daughters Lilly-Ella and Lexie, Steven's sister Grace and his cousin Ellie-May.
As Alex reached her groom, the couple gave eachother an amused shrug, as if to say: "This is it!" Steven was clearly in awe of his bride and seemed unable to take his eyes off her. Their three year old daughter Lilly-Ella did offer a slight distraction - a small case of tears provided a half in the ceremony that superintendent registrat Raymond Fisher had only just started. Calling for 'Dadda' it was only when Steven turned around, gave her the thumbs up and a wave that she eventually calmed down, meaning the ceremony could get under way in earnest. Once quiet had returned to the proceedings, Raymond explained that the vows they were about to take were a "commitment to eachother for the rest of their lives" and that in saying the vows they were making a "proud confirmation of their love and respect for eachother".
One piece of business was to check if there was any lawful reason why Alex and Steven shouldn't be married. As the room fell silent, Raymond leaned close to Steven and said: "You're not expecting any trouble are you?" prompting chuckled from the room. After saying their vows and exchanging rings, Raymond finally pronounced Alex and Steven "man and wife" telling Steven: "I don't think anyone here will mind if you want to give your wife a kiss."
As the congregation rose to their feet and applauded the union, the band Blue Juice sand Joe cocker's classic hit You Are So Beautiful. While the final petals of cream rose confetti rained down on the couple, they left the hall and made their way into the terrace bar. Guests followed and soon the room was filled with the celebratory clinking of glasses. All guests were moved by the ceremony, expecially Louise Redknapp who admitted: "I wanted to cry but I held it in because I thought I've got nothing to clean up the amscara marks down mu face if I did!" Louise also echoed the general feeling of the guests saying: "Alex looks absolutely stunning - I love the dress. It's just beautiful."
Louise Owen, who looked radiant with her baby bump and Vera Wang dress, agreed it was a beautiful ceremony, while Sheree Murphy admitted she was moved to tears: "Oh God, doesn't she look beautiful? I always cry at weddings - it's so silly!"
After a short break, Alex and Steven returned to the hall where they posed for their wedding pictures. Steven told OK!: "When I saw her coming down the stairs she just looked amazing. And the girls looked really beautiful. I was dead proud of all of them." Alex also explained the short dealy: "When I got to the top of the stairs I just lost it. I just needed a minute to get myself together."
As Alex and Steven posed for their wedding pictures, guests were treated to champagne and canapes. While they mused over the romantic ceremony, they sipped on Laurent-Perrier Rose and nibbled on marinated tuna topped with vegetable salad and a sesame crisp, green asparagus with dill mayonnaise on a mille feuille plus a selection of chef's cocktail sandiwhces including baby vine tomato and mozzarella, smoked salmon and glazed cucumber with horseradish, ham and mustard and beef and horseradish. There was also a selection of hot canapes including chicken fillet goujons with herb mayonnaise, chicken fillet satay with a spicy curry sauce, goujons of sole with sesame and herb yoghurt dip, and tempura of prawn with a sota dressing.
Just before six o;clock the guests headed into the lavish marquee that had been specially erected for the wedding breakfast, reception and party. Pauline Feather had very specific plans when she created this area: "I have tried to create a feeling of calm and made a garden effect along the full length of the window wall. The detail includes silver sphere water features, ivy tower trees, moss covered rocks, candles in storm lanterns and clusters of roses. Guests couldn't help but wonder and the views of Cliveden and the stunning designs that Alex and Pauline Father had conjured between them.
But there's more to come for the guests and there's more to come for you in next week's issue. You'll hear all the gossip from the party, see some footballers throwing some pretty impressive shapes on the dancefloor and see Alex's second, incredible wedding dress - only in next week's issue of OK!.
But the best of this weeks wedding-filled issue is yet to come, as just the day before their beautiful nuptials, Alex and Steven sat down with OK! to talk about to weding of the year, clear up some of the wild rumours and find out about some of Steven's very strict house rules..

So, you two, in less than 24 hours you'll be husband and wife. Have the pre-wedding jitters kicked in?
Alex: I definately have them. I was fine but since we've been at the hotel they've been building up. In fact, they started when we were in the car on the way down here.
Steven: Alex went to get her hair done on Thursday night and when she came back the car was ready and waiting for us to coming down the Cliveden. On the way in the car I could tell it was getting to her.

Did Alex's nerves make you nervous too, Steven?
It did start me off - I began to get a little bit excited. But to be honest, now that the wedding is tomorrow, we're in the hotel and we're settled and everything is fine I don't feel there's anything to be nervous about.

Some couples say that during wedding preparations you have the biggest rows of your relationship - how have you found it?
Alex: We've not had big ups and downs or anything like that. It's stressful putting a wedding together so we've had a few little arguments here and there but it's been fine.
Steven: We've been very lucky because the wedding planners and also our friend Anneli have taken a lot of the stress away. They've handled everything brilliantly for us. That's definately kept any little arguments or biting eachothers heads ogg down to a minimum.

The papers have been full of speculation about what's going to be happening at your wedding - can you believe how interested people are?
Steven: I think some areas of the media have blown the wedding completely out of proportion but Alex and I don't have any control over that.

Is your big day going to be a crazily extravagant footballers' wedding then?
Steven: What we do know is that it's going to be a normal wedding and the guests and everyone involved are gonig to have a normal, lovely day.

Yours is one of four footballers' weddings this weekend - it must have been a minefield for those not getting married to decide whose wedding to actually attend...
Steven: For the four of us getting married I think we all understand our reasons for not being at eachothers weddings!

What about those people who can't attend yours?
Steven: It's the time of year when footballers like to go on holiday or have already made plans so you do understand if they turn an invite down. I just hope that all the other three lads' weddings go to plan and that they have an amazing time, and I'm sure we'll all be having a catch-up the next time we get together to find out how they all went. But I'm sure all four weddings will go according to plan and that everyone will have a great time.

Will you be curious to see how the other three looked?
Steven: We'll take an interest because they are our freinds but I think other people are going to be comparing the weddings against eachother. WE'll just have to let them get on with that.

It will surely be hurtful if people slate your wedding after the event in the press...
Steven: I don't think that's something worth us even worrying about. They've already speculated about which wedding is the best one to go to and things like that. We don't have any control over that - let them write and say whatever they want.

You're both very low-key for such a high-profile couple. Do you enjoy the fame that comes with who you are?
Steven: The fact of it is that we're just a normal couple with two beautiful children. We live life as normally as possible. People do write about us and there are rumours and opinions about our relationship and how it works but we're just as normal as it comes. We realise, though, that it is just part and parcel of being in the public eye.

Now obviously one thing people have been speculating about, at all the weddings but especially yours, is the dress. steven have you got any idea what Alex has chosen?
I don't know anything about the dress but I habe full confidence in her that she'll look amazing. [Pauses] She better had with the price of it! If she doesn't look amazing I'll be asking a few questions, let me tell you!

It must be weird people wondering about your dress on TV and in newspapers...
Alex: It's really weird. There have been laods of stories about what I'm supposed to be wearing and I have been really worrying that something was going to come out. But nothing has so we've been quite lucky, haven't we?

Has it been fun searching for and finding your dream dress?
I think for me that's been the most exciting and fun part of the wedding so far. I went to Paris to choose it and to have all my fittings. That's all been dead exciting.

Haven't you been tempted to take a sneaky look, Steven?
No, and I haven't got a clue. I don't know what Alex is going to look like. [Alex begins to cr] I'm really confident that she and the girls will look amazing because they do every day. [Alex asks for a tissue then runs to the bathroom. Steven turns to OK!]She's going to go tomorrow, isn't she? Then that'll set me off.

We have to admit to having a little peek at the marquee and all the flowers, and from what we can see it's a very elegant and simple wedding...
Alex: The hotel is really beautiful - it's a classic stately home so I've just tried to carry that theme through as much as possible.
Steven: The wedding has really bounced off the surroundings. Everything works really well. Everyone who gets married has their own tastes and ideas and we feel that this has worked out perfectly.

Is this the wedding you've always dreamed of, Alex?
Oh absolutely. Yeah definately, but it's been lovely to go to other wddings like Micheal and Louise's [Owen] was lovely. And I've picked up ideas along the way.
Steven: We've been lucky enough to go to a lot of footballers' weddings and I'm sure they won't mind that we've picked up little bits and pieces from them.

Did you have a lot of input into how this would look, Steven?
I haven't been involved, to be honest. Alex and Anneli have done most of it really. I've only really been involved in the last few weeks after the football season finished because I didn't really want to get too involved while it was still on.

You could be in for some big surprises...
Alex has been very good at updating me as things have moved along and I've been able to give things the thumbs up or the thumbs down, but I think 95 per cent of it is all Alex.
Alex: He knows most things that are happening tomorrow but there'll be a few surprises for him along the way.
Steven: There are a few surprises about expenses that I found out yesterday but as I'm in the wedding mood I'll let them go! [To Alex] Your timing was perfect on that.

What part of the wedding are you most looking forward to?
Alex: The party afterwards!
Steven: She's only saying that because of her nerves. I'm actually looking forward to the whole day. I've been so excited since I turned up on Thursday and arrived and saw everything. I can't wait to experience it all.

Do Lilly-Ella and Lexie understand what Mummy and Daddy are doing?
Alex: [To Steven] No, not really, do they? Lilly knows that she's going to wear a lovely dress and that she's going to be a bridesmaid but obviously Lexie doesn't because she's so young.
Steven: I think it will be carnage because when Lilly sees all the people she'll go into her shell a little a little bit and Lexie will just be Lexie and be quite vocal. We might need a little help getting the bridesmaids down the stairs.

We've already seen some tears during the interview, will there be lots tomorrow?
Alex: I'll definately cry. I think at the begining when the music starts and I see everyone there, that's when I definately will. I've got my friends with me and the girls, so I think when we're all ready to go that's when I'll get really emotional.
Steven: I'm open to holding back, to be honest, because I don't think my team-mates or my close friends will ever let me live it down. I'm sure it will be an emotional time when I see Alex and the girls coming down the stairs and they're all looking gorgeous.

Have you had a no-sex rule in the run-up to the wedding?
Alex: [Looks at Steven and bursts out laughing] None!
Steven: I want to make it clear that there are no sex bands in my house. That would just lead to mood swings and proper arguments. Definately no sex bans!

What about the night before the wedding - will you be spending it apart?
Alex: Yeah, we have an eight o'clock curfew and then that's it.

Do you think you'll resisty the temptation of texting or calling each other?
Alex: I don't know. We're both going to be busy with friends and family so I think we'll be fine. We'll see. I just think it's nicer not see eachother.

After the event will you be excited to call eachother "the missus" and "my husband"?
Alex: [To Steven] You're always calling me your missus anyway, aren't you?
Steven: I do call her my missus, but I think I'll have to get used to calling her my wife. It still sounds a bit strange at the minute. she's not quite sure about becoming Mrs Gerrard, though - but I think she's just trying to wind me up!
Alex: It's just because it's new and it sounds strange to hear it and it feels strange to say it.

Have you practiced your new signature, Alex - just to get used to it?
I haven't yet. Everyone keeps asking me that but it's one thing I haven't done.
Steven: The amount of cheques she signs will be practice enough!

You've been at Liverpool for such a long time, Steven, are we about to lose you and Alex from these shores in a Beckham style transfer across the world?
Just a couple of weeks ago I actually commited the next four years of my career to Liverpool and Alex was desperate for that to happen because she didn't want to move. I'm really happy there and I think the club has a really bright future ahead of it. I can't see me playing for anyone else now. Obviously there were a few opportunities earlier on in my career to move but I'm happy I stayed with Liverpool. I'm pleased to have commited the rest of my career to them.

Can you believe the wedding is actually happening tomorrow after all these months of planning?
Alex: No, not at all. It has been a good 18 months of planning but I swear these last couple have just gone by really quickly.
Steven: Yeah, it's flown by. I think it's gone so quickly because things have been a lot more hectic in the last few weeks in the run up to everything. But for me the whole year seems to have gone really quick because of the football season.

Did you have hen and stag parties?
Alex: I came down to London with about ten friends and we went to Pacha for Hed Kandi. We spent a long weekend down here and just had a really great time.

Was it carnage?
It wasn't too bad.
Steven: Even if it actually was she won't say so in front of me.
Alex: I thought it was going to be but it wasn't.

What about you, Steven?
I went to Glasgow with some friends for a weekend. We went clubbing, had a few beers. There were about 35 of us in the end. Glasgow was perfect because it's only a few hours away from me and it's a lovely city. It has a great night life and I can relax a bit more up there because people don't really recognise me as much as they do normally.

Finally, you have two gorgeous little girls, Lilly-Ella and Lexie. Do you have plans for any more?
Steven: I think I'll leave that down to Alex.
Alex: Not at the moment.
Steven: I'm really happy with the two girls but obviously if Alex wanted another one I'd be prepared to dive in!

481 replies since 11/1/2009, 03:25   9281 views