News & Interviews

« Older   Newer »
Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/1/2009, 10:54

Top security for Steven Gerrard’s Southport court appearance

SPECIAL measures will be put in place when Liverpool FC and England international Steven Gerrard appears at North Sefton Magistrates’ Court in Southport next week.

The Visiter understands at least 25 police officers will be manning the court in a bid to curb public order outside.

More police will be deployed to control Southport’s traffic flow.

Police are anticipating many people will try and get a glimpse of the 28-year-old footballer who faces two charges of actual bodily harm against Marcus McGee, 34, from Churchtown, and one of affray.

A designated area for the news crews and paparazzi will also be created outside the court on Friday, January 23 and press will require a pass to gain entry to the court building.

A Merseyside Police spokesman told the Southport Visiter: “There will be a lot of people down there on the day and we are putting these measures in place to minimise disruption.”

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 15:32

LOL

Madness!

25 Police LOL

Gerrard's A Wanted Man :P LOL

This May Sound Twisted But I Hope The Paps Manage To Get Pics Of Him In A Suit For Us LOL

Thanks For This. x

MrsGerrard<33
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 17:32

lmao kira :P

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/1/2009, 18:09

:P x

MrsGerrard<33
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2009, 12:14

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been released on bail after denying assault and affray.

Gerrard, 28, was arrested on December 29 last year after a brawl at the Lounge Inn in Southport left a 34-year-old man with facial injuries.

The England midfielder has been bailed to appear at Crown Court on March 20, where he is expected to plead not guilty to all charges.

Gerrard was charged along with John Doran (29) and Ian Smith (19) after window replacement company director Marcus McGee, who had been DJing at the club, lost a tooth and received hospital treatment to a cut head.

Doran and Smith also pleaded not guilty to assault and affray charges at North Sefton Magistrates' Court.

Gerrard could face up to five years in prison if convicted of the attack.

xx..WeggyLou..xx
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2009, 12:15

they always make it out worst haha

rabz04
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2009, 13:32

on the bbc websyt ders also a video where he enters and leaves the court

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2009, 16:49

Rafa has no Gerrard concerns
Reds boss backing his skipper

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists he has no concerns over Steven Gerrard's focus ahead of Sunday's FA Cup clash with Everton.

Gerrard was in court on Friday as he denied charges of assault and affray over an alleged nightclub brawl.

The Reds skipper is in line to start Sunday's tie at Anfield with Benitez insisting the off-field problems have not affected the England international.

"I was watching him playing five-a-side and he scored two or three very good goals, so that's very positive. I think he is okay," said Benitez.

Good professional
"When you have a responsibilty I think he showed the other week he is a very good professional, scored a fantastic goal and he was playing well and I think he will do the same.

"He has our full support and he knows this."

Benitez is also confident his side will not be distracted by Gerrard's problems or the ongoing situation over the Spaniard's contract talks at Anfield.

"I think we are in a very good position in all the competitions and we are really focused on football," added Benitez.

"Okay, we know some things can happen but, in the end, you just have to come here to Melwood, train and be ready for the next game.

"So I think the atmosphere here in the training ground is very good''

-------------------------------

i have a feelin he is playin on sunday ...

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 27/1/2009, 10:38

HELP GERRARD WIN PFA AWARD

Steven Gerrard is in line for a second successive PFA Fans' Player of the Month award - but he needs your help.
The skipper has played a part in all but one of Liverpool's goals in January, netting three himself.

He is nominated alongside Ryan Giggs, Frank Lampard and Cristiano Ronaldo, with the winner decided by a fans' poll.

Vote for Stevie now>> http://fansaward.givemefootball.com/vote?pid=2&cid=10023

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/1/2009, 11:52

Already Voted :) x

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/2/2009, 10:35

GERRARD WINS ANOTHER PFA AWARD

Steven Gerrard has rounded off a string of impressive performances in a red shirt by winning the PFA Fans' Player of the Month for the second month running.

The Reds skipper found the net twice against Everton during January and rekindled his formidable relationship with Fernando Torres to set up El Nino for a host of goalscoring opportunities - including his comeback strike against Preston North End in the FA Cup third round.

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/2/2009, 15:30

GERRARD: THIS IS THE BIG ONE

Steven Gerrard has revealed that matches don't come much bigger than this evening's winner-takes-all FA Cup fourth round replay with Everton.
After two successive 1-1 draws, both teams go into what will be the third Merseyside derby in a matter of weeks knowing a winner must be decided on the night.

The Reds skipper found the net in Liverpool's league game and FA Cup clash with the Blues at Anfield, but insisted the only thing that will matter in this Goodison Park encounter is getting through to the next round of the competition.

"Games don't come much bigger than this - playing against your local rivals in the FA Cup," said Gerrard. "We know Everton will be just as hard to beat as they were when we played at Anfield.

"I've been fortunate enough to score a couple of goals against Everton in the last two derbies, but it doesn't matter who scores as long as we go through.

"There has been a lot of frustration around lately with the draws we have been getting in games that we should have been winning, so it was really good to get a win under our belts against Chelsea.

"The important thing now is for us to take the momentum and the confidence into the next game - obviously starting with the game against Everton at Goodison where we want to try and get into the last 16 of the cup.

"That's all that matters in the cup. It's not about who does or doesn't score - it's all about winning the game."

Gerrard also believes that Liverpool's chances of progressing in the cup have been given a boost by the return to form of Fernando Torres, who struck a late brace to see off title rivals Chelsea on Sunday.

"It was just a matter of time," said Gerrard. "I could see him getting slightly frustrated at times because a player of his ability expects to score in every game.

"But after going through the kind of problems with injury he has had it's all about being patient and getting your full fitness back.

"You can see it's there now with Fernando. The sharpness is there and, like I said, it was always going to be a matter of time before he got back among the goals because he is one of the top centre-forwards in the world and you can't keep him down forever."

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/2/2009, 17:55

Thanks For Them :) x

Ami_86
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2009, 14:34

STEVEN GERRARD INJURY UPDATE

Liverpool Football Club today confirmed Steven Gerrard suffered a tear to his left hamstring during Wednesday night's FA Cup defeat at Everton.

Gerrard limped out of the action just sixteen minutes into the fourth round replay at Goodison and now faces three weeks on the sidelines.

A club spokesman told Liverpoolfc.tv: "A scan today has confirmed a tear in the hamstring of Steven's left leg. He will be out of action for about three weeks."

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/2/2009, 21:20

Oh Shit :( x

417 replies since 16/1/2009, 10:54   3096 views