:wub:

imageimageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimageimage
imageimage

little kitten
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/4/2009, 20:04

Thanks for the pics. I like him on Gossip girl so much.

pool-girl
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/4/2009, 20:13

oh i like your husbi :D !!
i like gossip girl

anano1214
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/4/2009, 21:23

you're welcome little kitten

pool-girl :D

love him in gossip girl too

anano1214
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/4/2009, 20:32

Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl leaving the BBC radio one studios

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Pia RiiSe..!!
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/4/2009, 22:48

thanks

Kira Gerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/5/2009, 14:22

Thanks For Them :D x

sm2bg
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/6/2009, 21:28

Interview in the metro

Gossip Girl Brit tackles gay rumour

By JAMES ELLIS - Tuesday, May 12, 2009

British actor Ed Westwick, 21, sets hearts aflutter as devilish Chuck Bass in TV's Gossip Girl and has been praised for the authenticity of his US accent. He lives in New York with equally gorgeous co-star Chace Crawford. Gossip Girl: Season 2 – Part 1 is out now on DVD

Are you now saying ‘warder’ instead of ‘water’ to become more understood in the US?

Not yet. I’ve been fortunate enough to get to travel around a little bit and out in the sticks they find it a little more difficult to understand me. I was in this small town in New Jersey once and, given that it’s quite close to New York, you would expect them not to be surprised by a British accent, but this woman came over to me and yelled [adopts screechy American accent]: ‘Y’ll from England?’ I’ve also been mistaken for an Aussie once or twice, which is quite strange.

Do your fellow cast members ever try to do a British accent?

It has been tried a few times but they mainly aren’t very good. Although Leighton [Meester, who plays Chuck’s love interest, Blair Waldorf] is fond of doing her Keira Knightley, and she’s funny with it. The rest of them are pretty over the top like most Americans are when they try to do an accent.

Do you ever method act Chuck’s role?

I’ve never tried it. I’ve not turned up drunk on set yet or tried to punch Penn [Badgley, who plays Dan Humphrey]. It’s a teen show, I don’t think the advertisers would be too happy.

Chuck’s wardrobe is pretty fly. Do you ever get to take the gear home?

I wish. It all belongs to Warner Brothers and just goes in storage at the end of the season. It’s a shame, there’s a lot of cool stuff in there – some of the suits are amazing – though it might look a bit funny if I was walking down the street in something I’d worn on the telly the night before.

How are you faring with the ladies since the show’s success?

I’ve been getting some weird mail, that’s for sure. Unfortunately, I have a situation now where Chace and I live in a residential building in New York and there have been a couple of nights where some of the girls who live there have obviously got a bit drunk and written love letters and slipped them under the door. We have one stuck up on the fridge.

‘The show’s based on a woman who spreads gossip, so I guess the concept of the show is stretching out into real life’

What does it say?

She goes on some rant about how she is not like other girls and I should give her a call and we should hang out.

Chuck and Blair are the best characters, shouldn’t they be the stars of the show rather than Dan and Serena?

I find the Dan and Serena thing slightly annoying. If that was me, I wouldn’t put up with all the on-off bulls***. I think if a relationship feels right, you should just give it a go.

As Ed, would you go for hot young Serena or Lily, her sexy mum?
Tough one. Lily has the money, so probably her.

In real life, you’re rumoured to be dating both Chace who plays Nate and Jessica who plays Vanessa; Blake who plays Serena is meant to be dating Penn who plays Dan; Leighton who plays Blair is meant to be dating Sebastian, who plays Carter. Are you as confused as me?

I am. The show’s based on a woman who spreads gossip on the internet, so I guess the concept of the show is stretching out into real life. People chop and change in their relationships. Life imitates art and art imitates life.

Have the ‘Ed and Chace are gay’ rumours been put to bed?

I hope so. I don’t think anyone with half a brain seriously thought there was anything in that. Some of the more gossipy magazines take a hot topic and run with it but anyone who knows us knows we are just mates.

Have you ever signed off with XOXO?

Yes I have – at the bottom of text messages. At first I didn’t really get it – it means ‘hugs and kisses’. They use it quite a lot in the States but I won’t be incorporating it into my autograph or anything.

http://search.metro.co.uk/tag/gossip-girl-ed-westwick.html

Ed Westwick

By David Colman

The jury is still out on whether Gossip Girl—the hedonistic teen soap opera beloved by the bobby-soxer in all of us—will rise from its slender-but-influential ratings share and turn the CW network from a caterpillar into a butterfly. And now it’s May. Game time. Sweeps month. Cliffhangers are ready. Fingers are crossed. Can the nation’s escapist mood that has been elevating box-office figures rescue the genre of the lavish television drama that has recently been in decline? Is Gossip Girl the end of the mighty nighttime soap or just the beginning?

One thing is certain: Gossip Girl itself is in no need of saving. The show has been picked up for a third year, and we know one prime reason why. This season, one of Gossip Girl’s biggest twists has been an unexpected victory of talent over mere beauty: The show’s two most lively, versatile, and engaging actors, Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick, have gotten more and more screen and story time. Virtue rewarded? It’s the kind of meritorious upset that would infuriate their characters, the show’s colorfully scheming on-and-off lovers Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass.

But it only makes sense. Westwick’s wealthy, unscrupulous Chuck—slippery as a shark and just as dangerous to cross—has crystallized into a junior J.R. Ewing, a fantasy figure that all parents fear and that all girls . . . well, you know. And Westwick is so convincing as a teenage American Psycho that most people don’t even realize that he’s English, born and raised, with the wit of a Brit and the heart of a rocker. (He’s even got a band—ish.) Known for some bad-boy ways himself, Westwick comes across as part Chuck, part Liam (as in Gallagher), and, somewhere in there, a talented actor just bursting to get out. If he can just outmaneuver the tattoos . . . This is a cliffhanger worth tuning in for.

DAVID COLMAN: You’re already at work filming the third season of the show right now . . . How’s everything on the set?

ED WESTWICK: I have the day off, so instead of the set, I’m on the couch.

COLMAN: Where do you live? I don’t need an address, obviously, although I’m sure everybody who wants to know where you live has found out already, right?

WESTWICK: I think it’s not the most secret information . . . I was at New York Comic Con doing a signing for the S. Darko movie I’m in, and one of the promotion girls was like, “Do you still live in The Tate?” I was like, “What? How do you know where I live?” It’s quite unnerving, to say the least. But I guess that’s why you have a doorman.

COLMAN: It’s funny, I was at the Armani store opening a couple of nights ago on Fifth Avenue. It was a mob scene. Then all of a sudden there was your co-star and roommate, Chace Crawford, fighting through the crowd. I had this weird moment where reality and Gossip Girl merged—is this Chace or Nate Archibald?

WESTWICK: Those kind of over-the-top party settings are such a point on the show. We spend a lot of time working out scenes and basing stories around them. Parties provide quite the dramatic setting.

COLMAN: The producers are good at making everything on the show seem very New York.

WESTWICK: That’s based on the fact that we can shoot in New York . . . Know what I mean? There was some tax break for it or something, and now, apparently, they may be taking that away. So for us to still be shooting in New York is fantastic. Quite frankly, it’s essential to a show like ours.

COLMAN: Gossip Girl really relies on this mix of realness and fantasy.

WESTWICK: The locations and atmosphere make the drama and the scandal and the characters and the sometimes outrageous fashion statements more believable.

COLMAN: Chuck’s quite the dandy. Are your own fashion choices a bit more conservative?

WESTWICK: Well . . . conservative would be one word. I don’t go out of my way to wear something that’s just come off a runway.

COLMAN: It’s funny—your character talks with an American accent but dresses with a British accent.

WESTWICK: There’s something in that. There are a few things in Chuck’s wardrobe where he drops little hints. He has a pair of cuff links with the Union Jack on them and stuff like that. But even now some people still don’t know that I’m British. They’re shocked when they hear my accent.

COLMAN: What do you like about New York that you don’t get in London?

WESTWICK: It’s 24/7 here—it really is. It’s nonstop. I mean, I’m young, I’ve got the energy, and it just seems like everything is at your doorstep. You can have it in the click of your fingers, which can make one lazy, I guess. You don’t really have to leave your apartment for anything.

COLMAN: What’s the longest you’ve stayed in your apartment?

WESTWICK: Oh, god, I don’t know. I don’t think I’ve ever spent 24 hours here. I need fresh air, you know? As fresh as New York air can be . . .

COLMAN: What’s the latest you’ve ever gotten home?

WESTWICK: [laughs] Probably like three days later.

COLMAN: That’s pretty good. So you are really taking advantage of the 24/7 . . .

WESTWICK: Look, there are a lot of cool things to do in New York, you know? You’ve got such a variety of . . . of fun to get involved in. And, of course, like anyone, you’re young and you like to . . .

COLMAN: Go to museums.

WESTWICK: Go to museums, exactly.

COLMAN: So what’s the worst trouble you’ve ever gotten into in New York?

WESTWICK: Wow, let me think. I’ve pretty much been under the radar. I don’t even think I’ve been kicked out of the clubs.

COLMAN: Goddamn it! What the hell’s going on with you?

WESTWICK: The kids today, man. We’re just not that scandalous.

COLMAN: When I was in boarding school in Connecticut we would come down to New York for weekends . . . So there’s a lot of weird nostalgia for me watching the show. A lot of it is actually frighteningly accurate. During my senior year in high school, two students at my school flew down to Venezuela for spring break and came back with almost a pound of cocaine to distribute. They got caught, and, like, about 15 students were thrown out. It was a crazy scandal. I think it made the cover of The New York Post.

WESTWICK: Well, I won’t be making any trips to Venezuela to pick up a pound of cocaine anytime soon. I’ve pretty much been good. The biggest trouble I got in was being hit by a cab when I was playing soccer in the street outside a bar somewhere—which is foolish, but that’s about it.

COLMAN: What do you miss about London?

WESTWICK: I’m a big fan of London in the summertime. English people are dependent on weather to change our attitudes, and, provided it’s a decent summer, everyone’s spirits are uplifted and the whole place is in bloom. It’s a magical transformation. London in the summer, going to see bands play outside, watching football . . .

COLMAN: Are you pursuing other roles in movies?

WESTWICK: Yes. Right now is a crucial time in terms of what decisions I make. I want to pursue other roles; I want to pursue different characters. I’ve been really, really pleased with what’s been happening, but I want to do other things. I’ve learned so much playing this character, but there’s so much more out there. You have to do things that excite you; you have to have a passion for your work. Otherwise you’re just a face on the screen. We’re trying to be raconteurs here—we’re trying to tell stories.

COLMAN: What character would you love to play?

WESTWICK: Being from England, and being a lad, I have to say James Bond. It would be wrong of me to say anything else.

COLMAN: You’re in the sequel to Donnie Darko [2001]. When did you first see the original?

WESTWICK: I probably saw it two or three years ago. I think it was a boring night, and we rented a movie. Obviously I’d heard a lot about it . . . This was before Gossip Girl. When I first saw it I didn’t really get all the hype. Then, of course, you look closer. Richard Kelly did a great job, and so did the cast. But the original is not the most watchable movie. A lot of people just don’t want to think too much when they see a film, you know? They just want to be taken on a story and get some laughs and, when the film finishes, be able to know what happened. The original
Donnie Darko was quite confusing at times.

COLMAN: The whole thing is confusing. What kind of character do you not want to read another script for?

WESTWICK: Well, for right now, I don’t want to do something where I play a kid in a school. And I don’t understand these spoof movies. I’m actually a big fan of the first Scary Movie

[2000], but it just kind of dragged on to things like Not Another Teen Movie [2001] and Meet the Spartans [2008], and you just end up thinking, “What the fuck? Is anyone going to watch this stuff?” It’s just a waste of money and energy.

COLMAN: What about 300 [2007]?

WESTWICK: I loved 300. It was great. The story was something we’d seen before. But, visually, it was unique. It really manipulated the visual experience the audience has.

COLMAN: Yeah, I’m at the movies to be manipulated, for god’s sake.

WESTWICK: Yeah, exactly. That’s why I’m paying my money and sitting in a chair.

COLMAN: I think that they actually did paint in the little individual abs on those guys.

WESTWICK: Oh, I’m sure they did.

COLMAN: How about buffing up for an action feature, are you ready for that?

WESTWICK: It’s a good reason to get in shape, I guess, isn’t it? I think it would be exciting to be involved in an epic 300-esque thing.

COLMAN: Maybe there’ll be a 301. They could make it a musical.

WESTWICK: I’m sure they could. They’re doing a Broadway musical of American Psycho [2000].

COLMAN: You’d be good for that.

WESTWICK: I know, that’s exactly what I was thinking. I had to ring my manager when I heard about it. I’m obsessed with that film.

COLMAN: What do you like about it?

WESTWICK: Just the story. I think it’s hilarious.

COLMAN: Would you want to do a Broadway musical?

WESTWICK: Nah, I don’t think musicals are my thing. I’m not a big fan. Definitely have to get on the stage and do something like a straight play.

COLMAN: But you do sing in your band, don’t you?

WESTWICK: Yeah, well, the band’s not really a band right now. I’m just far too busy to do that. It’ll always be my backup, because I like music a lot.

COLMAN: When was the last time your band performed?

WESTWICK: Back in June . . . Something like that.

COLMAN: That’s a long time ago.

WESTWICK: Yeah, it’s just kind of falling apart. It’s very difficult to juggle two careers, unless you’re going to have someone put it all together for you. Because you’re on TV, somebody just gives you a record deal—that’s not how I’d want to get it, because it’s just not real, you know? There’s nothing I can’t stand more than that whole manufactured kind of thing.

COLMAN: You could be the male Britney Spears.

WESTWICK: “Fuck that” is my response.

COLMAN: What bands do you like? That’s a good response, by the way.

WESTWICK: Kings of Leon, The Strokes . . . the older stuff by The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, The Cure . . . I’m a rock ’n’ roll guy, really. I’m a big fan of Elvis, man. I got “Heartbreak Hotel” tattooed on my chest.

COLMAN: Oh, do you?

WESTWICK: Yeah, and I’ve got “21 Grams,” “Love Me Two Times,” the song by The Doors. I have “I Heart Romance” on my forearm and “You Make Me Feel Like the One” across my shoulder.

COLMAN: What does “I Heart Romance” mean?

WESTWICK: I saw it in a bathroom stall in a bar in Brooklyn. I thought it was cool, so I got it.

COLMAN: Any more plans, or do you think you’re tattooed up?

WESTWICK: No, no. Way more—they’re addictive. Get one. You’ll never look back. Live fast, die young. Be a good-looking corpse. Leave a good-looking tattoo.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/ed-westwick/4/

interview with GMTV

http://www.gossipgirlreport.com/2009/04/25...gmtv-in-london/

anano1214
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/6/2009, 21:34

Thanks for that :D

sm2bg
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/6/2009, 21:36

your welcome, if I find more I'll post them. :)

sm2bg
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/6/2009, 20:33

Another interview.

Question time: Ed Westwick

* Interview by Hannah Pool
* The Guardian, Thursday 30 April 2009

Gossip Girl is set in a very privileged Upper East Side world. Do you think it portrays that side of New York well?

It's a heightened sense of reality. I'm not from that world but I have friends now who are and they've been telling me and the rest of my cast-mates that we're getting it pretty bang on.

Your character, Chuck Bass, is a ladies' man - it's probably safe to say he's every father's nightmare.

Lock up your daughters, definitely. He's intelligent and quite slimy in the way he manipulates to his gain.

Do you think he has any redeeming qualities?

I think so. They try to make every one of the characters loyal to each other despite the tiffs they may have. But, then again, he basically cheated on his friend Nate by having sex with his girlfriend. He goes after what he wants. Sometimes that's not a good thing. He's got a long way to go before he's a nice guy.

Would you be friends with him in real life?

We'd be associates, definitely.

How did you get the part?

I was just doing bits and pieces of acting in the UK. I'd been in the film Breaking and Entering - Anthony Minghella gave me my start and I miss him dearly. Then I made the trip out to LA, during one of their pilot seasons, which was when they were developing Gossip Girl, and I auditioned, and things came together.

Do you worry you'll turn into Chuck?

No. I've got a clear line between work and real life.

You're featured on the gossip website Gawker all the time. Do websites like that annoy you?

No, I'm not somebody who reads about what I'm actually up to that week - which usually they get wrong. Maybe you can pass the word on to anybody who reads these sites or who sees their kids on them that most of the time these people are making stuff up. If people want to really know what's up with me then they can read one of my interviews.

Does the attention inhibit you?

No. I don't think so. I'm always going to go out and do what I want to do. I don't think it pays to close yourself off. You see situations with certain people where it has literally become a frenzy. You look at people like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie; people start to forget they are professional actors.

Can you still go out and buy a pint of milk?

Yes, I can. After the first season, I could come back here and no one knew who I was. But now it's changing. It comes with the territory. Today there are paparazzi out, I'm doing a day of press, I'm in a hotel, I've just been on Radio 1. But when I'm in my day-to-day life people don't know who I am and I'm left to my own devices.

Do you prefer living in the US or the UK?

I love England, and when we're sitting out here on a day like this it's hard to love anywhere more. London fascinates me, and obviously this is where I'm from. It's what I know. But in the last two years I've begun to add something else to my repertoire. I've become comfortable with the New York lifestyle and the American way, and I really love it out there.

Do you worry that your fame could disappear as quickly as it arrived?

No. Because if you worry then you're wasting your time, not enjoying the moment. I'm confident in myself that I can continue to do well. But obviously you never know.

You're also in the film S Darko.

That was an independent film we shot last year, it's a sequel to Donnie Darko. It was great to not only be around different actors and crew after a year on Gossip Girl, but to be involved in something that's got that connection to such a cult hit.

What next?

I'm going to the US to do some work on [the TV show] Californication, with David Duchovny. I'm really looking forward to it.

Are there any downsides to all of this?

You touched on the stuff with rumours and blogging. But it's not a downside because it doesn't in any way dampen the enjoyment I'm having. Fame and status are a side product.

Click here to Listen to the interview: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/audio/20...ick-gossip-girl

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/200...ssip-girl-chuck

wollypolly
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/6/2009, 09:51

AT K-SWISS CLASSIC REMASTERED PARTY, BLOOMINGDALES, NYC 18TH JUNE 2009 XX
image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

sm2bg
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/6/2009, 11:14

Mini interview in more magazine - quite old

xLexiex
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/6/2009, 14:25

Thanx :) x

CAT_IMG Posted on 21/6/2009, 18:43

living legend you can look but don't touch.

Group:

offline.

thanks x
ahh i love ed..i much prefer his english accent than the chuck voice though...espesh his cockney voice in son of rambow lol he is a hottttttt cockney ;)

web.  Top
19 replies since 4/4/2009, 16:50   3839 views