News Thread

« Older   Newer »
Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/4/2009, 09:58

David Villa Alerts Premier League Clubs With Valencia Exploits
23d April 2009

David Villa closed in on Samuel Eto'o at the top of the goalscoring La Liga charts as Valencia defeated Real Betis to boost their Champions League hopes and alert a host of clubs chasing the striker's signature.

Villa may be heading for a big summer move but his loyalty to Valencia remains unquestioned and he has scored 25 out of their 60 league goals this season as Valencia saw off Betis 2-1.

Spanish international Villa, who is now two goals behind Eto'o, struck the opener on 65 minutes and grabbed a second in the 79th minute as Valencia closed to within two points of third-placed Sevilla and opened up a six-point gap over rivals Villarreal and Atletico Madrid.

Raul hat-trick keeps Real Madrid on Barcelona's tailValencia and Villa's next challenge is a home match against Barcelona this Saturday when they want to avenge their 4-0 thrashing earlier in the season.

"Villa is a great footballer and he is committed to the Valencia cause," said coach Unai Emery.

"It is great for us to close in on Sevilla and now we are focussed on the Barcelona game on Saturday when I expect a carnival atmosphere at the Mestalla."

Betis must have known Villa was Valencia's main danger man and the former Sporting Gijon forward provided the breakthrough on 65 minutes, collecting a Juan Mata pass before dispatching home.

The Euro 2008 Golden Boot winner scored again late on to put the pressure on Eto'o in the Pichichi race.

Villa, 27, has attracted interest from Manchester City and Liverpool and recently said he would stay loyal to cash-strapped Valencia.

Edited by Fernando'sWifey..x - 29/4/2009, 10:23

roja7
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/4/2009, 15:53

thanks (:

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/4/2009, 11:46

No problem Villa's amazing :D

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/5/2009, 13:25

Cash-Strapped Valencia Admit The May Struggle To Resist £40m David Villa Offer From Chelsea
30th April 2009

David Villa has moved a step closer to joining Chelsea after Valencia's vice-president admitted they would struggle to hold on to their top players this summer.
Roman Abramovich has already told players at Stamford Bridge that he will break the British transfer record to pay £40million for Spain striker Villa.

And the Spanish club, who are saddled with massive debts, are ready to drop their resistance to offers after the admission by Fernando Gomez Colomer that they may have to choose between selling the Euro 2008 top scorer or attacking midfielder David Silva.

'The fans know that we will do all we can to keep them here, but we cannot rule anything out because of our financial situation,' he said. 'We have to put the future of Valencia first.'

The former international midfielder, who had a spell at Wolves in the late Nineties, could be seen to be softening up the Mestalla faithful for the loss of one of their stars.

Chelsea would face competition from Real Madrid and Barcelona for Villa, while Silva has been linked to Juventus, Liverpool and Manchester United among others.
Even if Valencia claim the financial boost from qualifying for the Champions League, it is unlikely to fill enough of a black hole to keep the pair.

roja7
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/5/2009, 18:08

thanks ^_^

Pia RiiSe..!!
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/5/2009, 19:52

thanks

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:24

Valencia Star David Villa "Tired" Of Real Madrid Rumours
12th May 2009

David Villa has admitted that he is "tired" of rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid and just wants to focus on finishing the season with Valencia.

'El Guaje's' superb form this season along with reports of financial unrest at los Che have sparked plenty of stories about him leaving this summer.

Even though the player himself has stated on plenty of occasions that he has no interest in leaving, the rumours have continued to rumble on.

Speaking to Canal Nou-Television Valenciana today, he didn't hide how frustrated he is becoming due to the constant speculation.

"I am tired of them already, I want to work to my best these last four games that we have in La Primera. Nothing else matters to me right now," he declared.

The striker also went on to joke about Florentino Perez, the man who looks set to return as Real Madrid president this summer.

"Normally, he calls me four or five times a day, more or less," he joked.

With regards to Valencia and finishing this season in the top four, Villa explained that "if we can finish third then great, if not, we will play for fourth".

roja7
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/5/2009, 14:44

thanks^^

CAT_IMG Posted on 2/6/2009, 22:06

Group:

offline.

The last will I have it, I am the owner of my future'.

David Villa Sánchez (Tuilla, Langreo, Asturias, December 3rd, 1981) is a footballer on the big sigh.

AMPARO BARBETA VALENCIA

If you reincarnate in an animal, what would you choose?
In a lion for example.

Why?
Because of the force, it is the king of the jungle, because of the power sensation.

Do you feel powerful?
Yes.

Between the pace of the game in England and Spain, there are differences. Here there are training enough?
Yes, I do not think the English teams are better for their fitness but their strength and constitution of the players. Is not because of the training more that you have better physical. The issue is not quantity but train.

You train twice a day, by the afternoon do you complete the preparation for your own account?
When weeks are clean, sometimes I come to sporting town a couple of afternoons or when I have a muscular problem.

Who designes your food alimentation?
My wife and me. Not that I eat everything, but almost. I care especially before the matches.

Do you follow any criteria?
As healthy and, if occasionally I like to do some too, I do. I have always maintained my weight because I think it is the least we can require for an athlete. Never, or at the time of Quique that was very picky with that, I had to pay a fine for excess weight.

Villa acts how he thinks or follows the dictates of his image advisers?
I listen to advice from people who like me but, who decides and makes, it is me/I am.

A club may require its players to limit their going out evenings?
Maybe. The logic says that two days before a match you can not leave, but at an earlier stage. Not that I leave much, but I like it.

The internal system penalizes the going out evenings?
Outputs, and other things.

Did you pay the fine?
This season, no, because I did not come late to any training. Emery, however, does not have an internal system of strong fines.

Do you consider yourself a normal person?
Depending on how you look. I Lead a life far more advanced than any guy in my age and financially I have no problem because I won money very quickly. It does a long time that I am married and have my own family, surely there are people in my age who is still studying and it does much that I got my independence. I matured earlier.

When you meet with your friends, do you understand their concerns and economic jams?
I do not need to meet with friends, my sisters or cousins have a normal life and do not earn money with the ease that I win. From my childhood friends, any of them is married either. I think with that I tell you everything.

How do you maintain the humility when living in a so artificial world?
Now I have a nice life but it has costed me much time and effort to get here. People see us as people who live very well, we train three days a week, we won lots of money but do not see the path we have traveled to reach the top. At no one you give the dress/wear of the Valencia t-shirt. Behind there are many resignations.

What is the one that has costed more?
Go away from home with 21 years.

Your wife was a footballer, does she understand you better because of that?
I do not know, but it is a luck that she likes football. Living with a player is not easy because they are twenty-four hours of football. For me it is important that my wife feels comfortable with my work.

What is family for you?
All. The family has helped me in bad moments. Without them it would not have come here.

And the word?
If one keeps what he says will be more respected than the one that does not keeps the word and if people do not have respect, you are nothing.

Do you go to the supermarket?
Yes, sure.

Are you bothered to the ones that observe or look askance when you go anywhere?
For example, when I take my daughter to school, but we must accept it. It goes into the salary.

What your daughter says?
She is getting already realized because, sometimes, she comes home asking things for her mates.

Turn on the TV and sees an ad with yourself, what do you think?
It is a kind of tribute to the work well done. In addition to benefiting my image, I will not be a hypocrite, I see it as a source of income.

A player must be ambitious?
Yes, because when you're satisfied with what you have, you stop growing up and progressing. In this profession, in addition to the money, it is important the recognize, and that only, the bests reach.

My neighbor gets the Euromillions, can he buy Villa?
I do not think, because I am grabbed at the club by a contract and to leave I would have to pay my clause. The last will I have it. I own my future.

Are you upset about having a price?
No, I assume because football is mounted in this way. From the outside it seems strange because it is unusual tallying/to appraise a person.

Will you stay in Valencia?
I have a contract and no one of the club has called me to communicate anything. I have five years of contract and a clause that can not be high paying, so I will not say that it is illogical to continue. But football changes much from the night to the morning. Meanwhile, why think about it?
Mijatovic got tired of saying that was not leaving but already had the contract signed.
Impossible because he would have pay a clause of 150 million.

Is it a pride or a headache that is linked to other teams?
If there are teams that want me it's because I'm doing well my work. What bothers me is having to give explanations of everything I do. The clubs should be proud that their players are wanted by the others.

Would you buy shares of Valencia?
Would not do it as an investment, but as a testimonial.

We are in crisis. If the club does ask you, would reduce the salary?
No, because I have won the contract I have. I charge what I deserve and what I earned in the field.

"In the National Team everyone is flattering, the morale is at its maximum and is very easy to play"

When you pack in the red shirt, what you feel?
It's different. In the National Team everyone is flattering, the morale is at its maximum and is very easy to play football because it's shot. While playing poorly, it creates an opportunity to win. The dynamics are very positive. It is a very sweet moment because confidence is very high.

Villa grows up in the National Team?
No but the trust...

Have you dreamed once that you was going to be a pillar of the best Spanish National Team?
The National Team is largest to a football player to be there and is accessible to very few. Uff, it's a great pride! I swear that makes me goose bumps to hear it and motivates me to try to play even better. It gives me strength and confidence and it makes me feel very proud.

When you hear the anthem you get emotional as it looks or is it a pose?
I swear that makes me goose bumps to hear it and motivates me to try to play even better. It gives me strength and confidence and it makes me feel very proud.

What did you learn with Aragonés?
A never give up.

And Del Bosque?
Serenity, tranquility. He is a very clever coach.

Do you want/wish that comes/arrives the Confederations Cup?
Yes, I am very enthusiastic. Spain has never played a tournament like this and we will have the opportunity.

Will we win the Confederations Cup?
Hopefully/ I hope so.

A striker needs to be selfish?
Yes, but nuanced. Selfish in the definition, because when you stay in front of the goalkeeper, it is said that you should seek the best partner in place, but losing that time is a mistake. You have to be selfish at the thought of wanting to make goals. A striker must enter into a game thinking that he must dial to help the team, like a goalkeeper to keep thinking about the goal to nil.
Believe in the perfect striker.

The header by Morientes, the race of Messi and the power of Torres or Cristiano. In yout position, what player you like?
Luis Enrique because, in addition to the quality he had, was all courage.

Would you change yourself for any player.
No, because I am as/what I am.

When facing the goal, what do you think?
In a penalty if you have time, go over to the goalkeeper, his height, if he strips, if he is right-handed or left-handed... In a time of play, you go straight.

Source: http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/notic...ad-tengo-futuro

Pia RiiSe..!!
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/6/2009, 03:00

thanks Vani

xtracyx
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/6/2009, 11:59

Thanks, great Inteview!

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/6/2009, 15:21

David Villa Affirms Loyalty To Valencia

Valencia striker David Villa has once again rebuked speculation linking him with a move away from the Mestalla this summer, simply stating that his current deal with the club still has five years to run.

Villa equalled the record set by Mario Kempes and Predrag Mijatovic of 28 league goals in a Primera Division season thanks to his deadly double that sank Athletic Bilbao on Saturday evening, sealing Valencia's Europa League position in the process.

The Spanish international is once again being courted by Real Madrid, just as he was last summer, and earlier this week he denied that there had been any contact with Los Merengues regarding a possible transfer (see story).

The 27-year old inevitably fielded more questions after the 2-0 win, and he simply uttered, "I have five more years of contract," twice at the post match press conference to deter the journalists seeking further information.

Villa was more talkative when discussing los Che's season in general, and admitted that the target of Champions League football had not been reached, something that has disappointed both players and fans alike.

He continued, "We have not acheived the goal of being amongst the top four due to some rough patches in our season. I hate the word failure, but we have not met our target.

"At the beginning of the season, we had the target of fourth place, and after the good start that we had, we thought we could acheive it."

'El Guaje' finishes the season in third place in the La Liga scoring charts, behind Samuel Eto'o and the Pichichi, Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan.

roja7
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/6/2009, 17:24

thanks!

Pia RiiSe..!!
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/6/2009, 01:01

thanks

CAT_IMG Posted on 4/6/2009, 21:11

Group:

offline.

So..
Your place is in Valencia (=
Quedate ahi ^^