Glen Johnson

« Older   Newer »
~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/7/2009, 12:38

JOHNSON: WHY I CHOSE LIVERPOOL

Glen Johnson today revealed how Liverpool's reputation in world football meant no other club could compete for his signature.
The right-back was the subject of reported interest from other teams - but claims there was no contest once Rafa Benitez offered him the chance to join 'one of the biggest clubs in the world'.

"I had a spell at Chelsea before and there were good and bad times but when a club like Liverpool comes in for you it is not a hard decision," Johnson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's a fantastic club - one of the biggest in the world. It's got a great history and I wanted to be a part of that.

"The hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you come to Anfield and hear You'll Never Walk Alone even when you don't play for Liverpool, so I cannot begin to imagine how it is going to feel when I put the kit on for the first time."

Johnson will be unveiled to the world's media on Thursday afternoon where he will reveal how his top priority in a Liverpool shirt will be helping the club win a first league title since 1990.

"We've got some fantastic players and I wanted to come here and help Liverpool win the league," added the 24-year-old.

"The boys did fantastically well last year. Hopefully we can now get a few more points and steal it from Manchester United.

"We want to go as far as we can in every competition but all the lads want to win the Premier League and that would be a great start."

Johnson was voted the Premier League's best right-back by the PFA last term but the England man insists there is even more to come.

"I can definitely improve - every player can. I want to improve every aspect of my game," he said.

"Rafa has told me he wants more of the same form I showed last year, but he also wants me to improve. We will be working hard together to do that.

"I am here to do my best."

Johnson reported to training at Melwood for the first time on Wednesday where he was introduced to his new teammates.

"Yesterday was my first day and all the lads and staff made me feel really welcome, so it's good times," he said.

"I knew Stevie and Carra from before but yesterday I met about 60 players! I was shaking the same hands about four times introducing myself! It's a lot to take in at once, and obviously the lads were messing about and laughing about that. But everyone's made me feel really welcome and it's great to be here."

Johnson also revealed how he spoke with former Reds Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant - both of whom he played alongside at Portsmouth last term - before signing at Anfield.

"Peter and Jermaine said it's a fantastic club but they didn't need to say that - I knew. They told me I'd enjoy every minute of it," he said

~Amy~
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/7/2009, 17:18

imageimageimageimageimage image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Edited by ~Amy~ - 9/7/2009, 18:53

Fernando'sWifey..x
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/7/2009, 14:27

Johnson: I'll Prove Jose Wrong
10th July 2009

Liverpool new boy Glen Johnson has vowed to prove his former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wrong by making himself a success at Anfield.

Johnson made the switch to Anfield in a £17million deal this summer after a superb last season for Portsmouth.

The full-back recaptured his best form at Portsmouth after an unhappy spell at Chelsea under Mourinho.

Johnson found himself in the shadows at Stamford Bridge, but he has bounced back from the disappointment to establish himself as a regular in Fabio Capello's England side and win a move to Liverpool.

"Chelsea was a big stage for me and it was all working out perfectly until Jose Mourinho turned up,' admitted Johnson.

"He had his own plans and wanted to bring in his own players, and that was the start of my downfall as a Chelsea player.

"Some players might have been happy hanging around and picking up their wages, but that's not my style.

"I knew I wasn't going to be impressing anyone sitting on the bench or even being left out of the squad altogether.

"I never had a word of explanation from Mourinho, but I soon decided I couldn't take any more. I never had a chance under him. It was one game every four or five and you can't develop any form or consistency that way.

"I had to leave, even if it meant taking a step down at Portsmouth. As it turned out, they were great for me and I loved every minute there.

"But perhaps I deserve some credit, too. Some players might have folded, but I always knew I had fire in my belly and the self-belief to get back to this level.

"I don't bear any grudges against Mourinho. That's life - you get on with some people but not others. But I will be looking forward to the Champions League draw with interest."

Lynchi
CAT_IMG Posted on 21/7/2009, 22:28

I really like him. Have seen him playing once for England and he was great.
Followed him ever since, was a bit of a surprise when he joined Liverpool but I'll get over it. I hope.

CAT_IMG Posted on 25/7/2009, 23:36

Group:

offline.

Today in the Liverpool boat tour by Singapore river.

lovingalex
CAT_IMG Posted on 27/7/2009, 12:13

he's hot !

SpanishDreams<3
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/8/2009, 21:11

Versus Tottenham at White Hart Lane - 16.08.09

image image

(c)Me
Don't Repost!

image image

(c)ANP

xtracyx
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/8/2009, 11:38

Aug 17 2009
Glen Johnson of Liverpool FC leaving the Lowry Hotel in Manchester with a woman and child.
HQs
image image image image image image image image image image image image
Large Untagged
image image image image

Lynchi
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/8/2009, 11:58

The little one is really cute from what I can see.
Thanks for posting.

mtorres
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/8/2009, 12:37

Thanks for the pics!

pea18
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/8/2009, 14:01

thanks for the pics - i didnt know he had a gf

missv
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/8/2009, 13:53

Aw, I like Glen he's a cutie. I didn't know he was a dad!? ?

xtracyx
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2009, 10:40

HQs
Aug 19 2009
Glen Johnson, football star with Liverpool and England, pictured in Manchester shopping with a female friend and child.

image image image image image image image image image image

xLexiex
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2009, 15:11

Thanx for them :) x

Mrs. JGerrard
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2009, 18:04

Thanks for them

32 replies since 9/7/2009, 12:38   326 views