News Thread

« Older   Newer »
;sarahbroad
CAT_IMG Posted on 25/9/2009, 13:19

Carlo Ancelotti: Lampard Is Important As Kaka Or Maradona
22nd September 2009

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti believes that he has the complete midfielder at his disposal, in the shape of Frank Lampard. The Blues boss has hailed the player's versatility, as well as his ability to time his run into the opposition box.

"He's versatile," Ancelotti told The Daily Telegraph.

"He has a different quality to Kaka, [Franck] Ribery or Maradona but has the same importance for the team.

"He is fantastic when he arrives in the box at the right time, scoring a lot of goals."

Ancelotti's new diamond formation in midfield gives full-backs Ashley Cole and Jose Bosingwa the freedom to get forward, and the Italian believes that he is lucky to have two such athletic players.

"With the diamond we play, the full-backs are very important to run forward," he added.

"Cole and Bosingwa are doing a fantastic job. Cole is the best left-back in the world. [Patrice] Evra is a very good runner but he has a little bit of difficulty to defend."

As for commanding the respect of the dressing room, Ancelotti believes that he has had no problems in that regard, despite the occasional language issue.

"I found a lot of respect for me. But when I first came here there was too much distance between me and the players," he explained.

"They considered me only a boss and I did not have the language to break through that. Only one time have they upset me, in a friendly against Reading. We were losing 2-0 at half-time and I wanted to be angry, but I didn't have the words to convey the emotion.

"Ray [Wilkins] said I should use Italian and then they can see by the look on my face that I am upset. When I am angry I have to speak in Italian."

0 replies since 25/9/2009, 13:19   27 views